Slot 2 folder

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
AkmalJihad
Slot 2 folder

Post by AkmalJihad » Wed May 18, 2016 9:29 am

Hi, i'm new here and i did not see any gamepak slot 2 folder. Altough i may have deleted it by mistake. Please help

TkSilver

Re: Slot 2 folder

Post by TkSilver » Tue May 24, 2016 9:11 am

If you can't find the slot2 folder inside drastic's folder you can just use a file manager to make a new folder and just name it "slot2" (minus the ""). This is assuming younare running the latest version of DraStic since older versions didn't have the folder because they didn't have support for slot2 functionality.

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Tue May 24, 2016 9:33 am

AkmalJihad wrote:Hi, i'm new here and i did not see any gamepak slot 2 folder. Altough i may have deleted it by mistake. Please help
Did you buy the app on Google Play?

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Kyousuke753

Post by Kyousuke753 » Tue May 24, 2016 10:19 am

When new users don't state whether they purchased Drastic or not makes it complicated.

I thought Drastic auto creates the folders you delete in it by launching the app.

Jon

Post by Jon » Sun May 29, 2016 10:14 am

I crawl on these forums just to see how things are going with the users and the upcoming betas and to see the communities mods etc, etc. [Also thanks to Exophase to letting unregistered users freely download things here, I really love the option to not be forced to make an account just to download something.]

Anyways, back on topic, I made my account just to help you out, cause this community is helpful as fu**.

So you say you might have accidentally deleted the folder? It's ok. I recommend using ES File Explorer for this.

Go to /sdcard/DraStic/
If there isn't a "slot2" folder, create one, without quotes using the "+" in the bottom right corner.
From there, it gets ez. Here's a quote from Exophase, quite a while back, but is still relevant.
Exophase wrote: Right now it works by putting files named<rom name>.gba and <rom name>.sav in the slot2 directory. Or if those aren't found it'll load slot2_gamepak.gba + slot2_gamepak.sav if they're there. The .sav files are optional. It supports reading and writing SRAM and Flash saves. EEPROM saves aren't supported because DS lacks the capability to access it (so games wouldn't use it anyway)

It turns out the Nintendo logo is actually in the header of DS ROMs, I totally forgot about this.. so it doesn't even need to be copied from the GBA ROM.
Hope this helps.

Max Kirk

Post by Max Kirk » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:51 am

Tried it , but it did not work for me

ericbazinga

Post by ericbazinga » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:48 am

Max Kirk wrote:Tried it , but it did not work for me
Please don't zombie old threads like this.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Max Kirk

Post by Max Kirk » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:56 am

Oops... My bad :(