Pokemon Migration via GBA Slot

Discuss anything about DraStic here.
ashketchum805
Pokemon Migration via GBA Slot

Post by ashketchum805 » Wed May 04, 2016 2:44 am

Hello Exophase! I hope you could fix the GBA slot properly. My Pokemon HeartGold rom
and your emulator reads my Pokemon Emerald GBA rom but it says
"Error reading the Gameboy Advance Game Pak's save file.
There may not be a file saved, or the save file may be corrupted
"
whenever I click Migrate from Emerald.

This was also a problem of the DesMuMe emulator on their previous version on PC but they managed to fix it and I believe that you can fix your own app too.

I am hoping that you will be fixing this on your next update. Thank you! :D :ds:

You can also refer to this video (DesMuMe was used) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3lFNP ... dgedw0mbat
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-05-04-14-24-03.png
Screenshot_2016-05-04-14-24-03.png (46.22KiB)Viewed 16177 times

Kyousuke753

Re: Pokemon Migration via GBA Slot

Post by Kyousuke753 » Wed May 04, 2016 4:00 am

ashketchum805 wrote:I believe that you can fix your own app too.
Well...there is something for GBA Slots if you know how to do it...I'm not sure how to do it myself, if it doesn't work then tough luck unless you know how to change the save type in Drastic.
http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=2987

Nice name mate you might attract a wild Eric Bazinga soon...Just kidding.

This is interesting by the way and looks cool to make use of old GBA Pokemon games. I like it :D

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Wed May 04, 2016 10:54 am

ashketchum805 wrote:Hello Exophase! I hope you could fix the GBA slot properly. My Pokemon HeartGold rom
"

This was also a problem of the DesMuMe emulator on their previous version on PC but they managed to fix it and I believe that you can fix your own app too.

I am hoping that you will be fixing this on your next update. Thank you! :D :ds:

You can also refer to this video (DesMuMe was used) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rR3lFNP ... dgedw0mbat
So you renamed your pokemon emerald rom to either "the exact same name as your pokemon heart gold rom name" or slot2.gba and had a valid (for pokemon woth all the prerequisites done) save (for the emrald game) titled the exact same way as the gba rom was.
Examples
So for PKMNHeartGLD.nds
The Gba rom could be named PKMNHeartGLD.gba or slot2.gba
And a proper able to import save file for the gba game would need to be titled PKMNHeartGLD.sav or slot2.sav depending on which name the rom was titled.

Capitalization and exact characters matter a lot. slot2.gba/slot2.sav also need to be named properly as slot2.gba not as Slot2.gba or slot_2.gba

And then once you have a properly named gba rom with a properly named save file (with all of pokemon's prerequisites done) make sure both are copied to the DraStic/slot2 folder and it should work.

Keep in mind In the instructions only .sav formated gba saves from vba and gpsp are mentioned I do not know of other gba emulators that save in the same raw .sav format, so if you used some other emulator for completing the prerequisites you might want to ask if the save that emulator generates is compatible.

ashketchum805

Pokemon Migration via Slot2 (CASE CLOSED) *Disable Cheats &

Post by ashketchum805 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:09 pm

TkSilver wrote:
ashketchum805 wrote:Hello Exophase! I hope you could fix the GBA slot properly. My Pokemon HeartGold rom
"

So you renamed your pokemon emerald rom to either "the exact same name as your pokemon heart gold rom name" or slot2.gba and had a valid (for pokemon woth all the prerequisites done) save (for the emrald game) titled the exact same way as the gba rom was.
Examples
So for PKMNHeartGLD.nds
The Gba rom could be named PKMNHeartGLD.gba or slot2.gba
And a proper able to import save file for the gba game would need to be titled PKMNHeartGLD.sav or slot2.sav depending on which name the rom was titled.

Capitalization and exact characters matter a lot. slot2.gba/slot2.sav also need to be named properly as slot2.gba not as Slot2.gba or slot_2.gba

And then once you have a properly named gba rom with a properly named save file (with all of pokemon's prerequisites done) make sure both are copied to the DraStic/slot2 folder and it should work.

Keep in mind In the instructions only .sav formated gba saves from vba and gpsp are mentioned I do not know of other gba emulators that save in the same raw .sav format, so if you used some other emulator for completing the prerequisites you might want to ask if the save that emulator generates is compatible.

Thank you for the help! I have done that previously and I don't think that's my problem.
I don't know what I did right but it's now working! :D

Here's the thing I did:
-Disabled all cheats that I used (It's only one though ;) )
-Disabled fast-forward toggle

It loaded my old Emerald rom. :D

CASE CLOSED
Attachments
Screenshot_2016-05-05-11-06-23.png
Screenshot_2016-05-05-11-06-23.png (106.11KiB)Viewed 16144 times
Screenshot_2016-05-05-11-06-15.png
Screenshot_2016-05-05-11-06-15.png (105.28KiB)Viewed 16144 times

ericbazinga

Re: Pokemon Migration via Slot2 (CASE CLOSED) *Disable Cheat

Post by ericbazinga » Wed May 04, 2016 11:25 pm

ashketchum805?
I approve of your username XD

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Baldric

Post by Baldric » Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:17 am

Yes, I also had this problem. I could it solve. You know now I am thinking about buying the Game Boy Advance. I have already found a website, where I will download roms for Game Boy baconbaconbacon I like they are all free and they don't have any bags like it happens you know.

EDIT:

READ THE RULES! NO POSTING OF ROMSITES!!!