Spirit Tracks mic input still not working

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
therysin
Re: Spirit Tracks mic input still not working

Post by therysin » Fri Aug 16, 2013 11:12 am

Exophase wrote:Another thing that could be helpful is to try using this NDS homebrew:

http://exophase.devzero.co.uk/micrecord.nds

And let me know what the volume is like on the playback, along with whether or not it sounds cut off or distorted.
I'll test the homebrew soon, but I can confirm that the.Mic works properly in some other games like pokemon black 2(you can try it by pressing the Mic test before loading a save).

Spirit tracks also doesn't work for me on a nexus 4, rootbox 4.2. Good luck with any fixes.

Lopin18

Post by Lopin18 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 12:34 pm

Hmm it does sound.... weird, the air blowing sounds like air being blown but really distorted, cant really explain it but when i recorded my normal voice on the other hand it sounded pitched, like a cartoon kid, like if i was using helium also distorted hardly understandable.

Edit: also tried different sound latency settings, and frameskip off and auto, same result, distorted and high pitched voice.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:08 pm

It sounds like the sample rate might not be set as expected. We may have to do something to deal with this if the right sample rate isn't available - the mic code right now assumes that the capture sample rate will be the same as the output rate.

efams

Post by efams » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:13 pm

Exophase wrote:It sounds like the sample rate might not be set as expected. We may have to do something to deal with this if the right sample rate isn't available - the mic code right now assumes that the capture sample rate will be the same as the output rate.
microphone in s4 is working ( tryied in pokemon ,test) , but just the upside microphone ( the one that is up the samsung logo ), the one below look like as not recognised

awk

Post by awk » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Exophase wrote:It sounds like the sample rate might not be set as expected. We may have to do something to deal with this if the right sample rate isn't available - the mic code right now assumes that the capture sample rate will be the same as the output rate.
There might be something to this, and that would explain why other input are processed ok.

In Nintendogs, when you give the puppy it's name it's repeated back at you in a highly pitched version. But then when you call them again, the same pitched version is compared with it so it works fine.

PiwiX

Post by PiwiX » Fri Aug 16, 2013 1:32 pm

Here I have a 'temporal solution' for complete the Temple of Fire in the Phantom Hourglass.
But I am like everyone, waiting for the microphone fix :cry:

http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php ... 9&start=10

Lopin18

Post by Lopin18 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 2:23 pm

As mentioned in Nintendogs the voice is high pitched and distorted too, hardly recognizable.

Oberryn

Oberryn

Post by Oberryn » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:17 pm

After wasting time to get the mic to work on my Galaxy s6 I found a great work around for Spirit Tracks.

In Menu > Cheat Database open the Misc Codes. There you will find the options Fake Mic Blow (L) or (R). Works like a charm once activated.

Drakkaen

Post by Drakkaen » Fri Feb 24, 2017 7:42 pm

I was able to finish PH by using a fan for the microphone sections. However ST doesn't work. I've tried every suggestion on this board, used the cheats, tested mic settings...and still nothing. Well it sucks but I guess Spirit Tracks is a lost cause.