Pokemon Games suffering Octoberfest (read it before posting)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ogrecookie
Pokemon Games suffering Octoberfest (read it before posting)

Post by ogrecookie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:35 pm

I was playing it fine yesterday but I wanted to restart, but now it keeps crashing and I don't have any save states

I have uninstalled it and re-installed it several times, re-downloaded the rom's put them back on my phone but nothing seems to work

I even wiped out my phone using its DFU mode to clear all data and that still did not help

I have done all problem solving tips from the forums here but i'm at my wits end

Could someone please look into this for me please or provide a hot fix or something because I cant figure it out.

Thank you

Exophase

Re: Pokemon Black & White on HTC ONE

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:44 pm

Is it October 1 over there? We just found there's a bug in the RTC emulation that causes the game to crash in October, will be fixed ASAP. If this is the case for you you can work around it by changing the month on your phone temporarily..

ogrecookie

Post by ogrecookie » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:28 pm

Lol thanks :) yeah that seems to have fixed it unfortunately my phone is now in September haha

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:37 pm

ogrecookie wrote:Lol thanks :) yeah that seems to have fixed it unfortunately my phone is now in September haha
2.1.6.2a should be out for most if not all people now, you can upgrade to that.

Transpose

Post by Transpose » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:42 pm

Exophase wrote:
ogrecookie wrote:Lol thanks :) yeah that seems to have fixed it unfortunately my phone is now in September haha
2.1.6.2a should be out for most if not all people now, you can upgrade to that.
I just updated and when I read the change log I laughed a bit.
It just sounds so weird when you read "Fixed a bug causing games not to work in October". It's so random, yet so specific haha. xD
My passion outweighs my intelligence, so I colour outside of the lines.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:51 pm

Random or not, it happened and was reproduced by the devs. I personally didnt get this error tho (prolly coz i have beta access to 2.1.7a)
Behold my mighty

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:44 am

Unbelievable as I was just going to post about this problem too. About the date stamp and season glitch. Will check on 2.1.6.2a right now.

Sweet! Everything going smooth as butter. Re-vamped menu by organizing it by category and enabling orientation on the main menu automatically. You guys are great! Can't say anything negative about this emulator. Hope we get ability to add cheats within emu next :).

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:54 am

Transpose wrote:I just updated and when I read the change log I laughed a bit.
It just sounds so weird when you read "Fixed a bug causing games not to work in October". It's so random, yet so specific haha. xD
Yeah, I got messages from Lordus today saying people in China and Korea were finding the game froze at midnight. And would now crash when starting a new game. And wouldn't crash anymore when they set the month to something else. I looked at the real-time clock emulation and found it wasn't right, it was pretty obvious when I knew what to look for, it was a very blatant mistake, but not something that jumped out at you before.. basically it reported "0x0A" instead of "0x10" for October and some games apparently don't handle that very well.

Of course our priority was to push a fix ASAP but this is going to hit us pretty hard, any older version will be affected, I think all month we're going to be hearing about problems from people who don't realize they should update. I am very much not looking forward to it :/

On the bright side it does screw over JXD who shipped S7800 with that cracked DraStic 2.1.2a, people are only now just starting to get them and since lots of people only play Pokemon they're going to be pretty disappointed in it :P

ricoreload

Post by ricoreload » Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:30 am

THIS!! omg i spend the whole night trying all sorts of methods and fail to find out why did my game suddenly stop working all together.. gone as far as to factory reset my phone.. :(

this should be stickied.. stupid october the 1st.. :evil:

Adamjay08

Re: Pokemon Games suffering Octoberfest (read it before post

Post by Adamjay08 » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:04 am

Thankyou!

My Heartgold was stuck in a weird sort-of-frozen state - where I could do everything in Bills PC (where I saved) but as soon as I exited my character just wouldn't move.. Glad it's resolved!