Lemmings problem

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
trasetroll
Lemmings problem

Post by trasetroll » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 am

I have been looking forward to being able to play Lemmings on my tablet (the DS version is the only touchscreen version as far as I know).

The DS version is a really great open source port that I can recommend to anybody who hasn't tried it:
http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/

I encountered I few problems though -
First of all since it is a encrypted ROM I had to install the nintendo bios files.
Second, I had to unpack the lemmings ROM .zip file since the game wouldn't load otherwise.
Now the game starts but get stuck on the start screen saying "Error loading config file. [..] Please check that the 'lemmingsds_config.txt' exists in the root of your flash media [..]"

Well, the 'lemmingsds_config.txt' does exist in the folder where I unpacked the .zip, but somehow the game doesn't find it.
I tried to move it around, but "the root of my flash media" does not seem to be either the folder where I unpacked the game, just outside of it, the sdcard-root folder, or the DraStic data folder.

Anybodys got a clue how to fix this?

Exophase

Re: Lemmings problem

Post by Exophase » Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:28 am

It sounds like it's homebrew that needs DLDI. DLDI is a method of patching DS homebrew so it can access the storage of a flash cart (usually SD card). DraStic doesn't provide this yet, although it's on my list of things to do.

trasetroll

Post by trasetroll » Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:05 pm

Thank you for your quick reply. That might be the case (the name of the ROM is actually 'lemmingsds_dldi.nds').
Hope to see this feature implemented in a future release!

Tenebrio

Post by Tenebrio » Tue May 09, 2017 5:37 am

Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having this exact problem when trying to run Lemmings DS (http://www.mrdictionary.net/lemmings/). However, I understand DLDI is now supported. Is there an easy way to fix it, or should I try this: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2082&hilit=dldi? It looks a bit cumbersome and I'm not sure I have the knowledge to make it work. Also, will I have to do it every time I reboot my phone?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue May 09, 2017 10:13 am

You only have to create the SD card image and patch the ROM to R4 once, you won't have to do anything again after rebooting your phone.

Tenebrio

Post by Tenebrio » Tue May 09, 2017 4:27 pm

Exophase wrote:You only have to create the SD card image and patch the ROM to R4 once, you won't have to do anything again after rebooting your phone.
Thanks. I got stuck at step 3 (mknod /dev/block/loop250 b 7 250: Permission denied), so I guess that's as far as I'll get :lol:

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue May 09, 2017 8:38 pm

Tenebrio wrote:
Exophase wrote:You only have to create the SD card image and patch the ROM to R4 once, you won't have to do anything again after rebooting your phone.
Thanks. I got stuck at step 3 (mknod /dev/block/loop250 b 7 250: Permission denied), so I guess that's as far as I'll get :lol:
Yeah, you need a rooted phone for this to work.