Two problems for the game infinite space

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
golem09
Re: Two problems for the game infinite space

Post by golem09 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:44 pm

Would it be possble to just include an (optional) mode where the outlines do appear but cause other graphical glitches, like painting over the whole ship or whatever?
If something like that would be easy/fast/affordable to include, it would at least make the game really playable, since I (and probably most) don't care for the "fancy" graphics in combat anyway.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:55 pm

golem09 wrote:Would it be possble to just include an (optional) mode where the outlines do appear but cause other graphical glitches, like painting over the whole ship or whatever?
If something like that would be easy/fast/affordable to include, it would at least make the game really playable, since I (and probably most) don't care for the "fancy" graphics in combat anyway.
i think its not about graphical glitches but the unpredictable consequesnces it may cause that exo is treading carefully. adding this is one of his big 3 core changes if i remember it correctly.
Behold my mighty

jonafun

Post by jonafun » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:04 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
golem09 wrote:Would it be possble to just include an (optional) mode where the outlines do appear but cause other graphical glitches, like painting over the whole ship or whatever?
i think its not about graphical glitches but the unpredictable consequesnces it may cause that exo is treading carefully. adding this is one of his big 3 core changes if i remember it correctly.
I'm okay with playing without the outlines for now (it'll add to the challenge and realism of the game), but hopefully the fixes on the regressions will fix the missing items/crew in the menus, plus other fatal crashes, etc. Thanks again for all your hard work, I really appreciate it! :)

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:21 pm

well, the missing stuff (not the highlight) seems to be fixed on a prebeta (we are conducting tests right now) so just hold your breath :D
Behold my mighty

golem09

Post by golem09 » Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:59 am

If found another (unknown?) bug, now that I started playing myself.
The 3D first person scenes don't work, I do get the overlay with choices, and the text boxes, but the 3D scenes are not rendered, they are just black.
If this is really unknown, I'll upload a savegame later.