Pokemon heart gold cheats won't disable

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Ariathos92
Pokemon heart gold cheats won't disable

Post by Ariathos92 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:03 am

I activated certain cheats in Pokemon heart gold and wanted to disable them again, unchecked them in the list, but they simply won't. I was stupid enough to not make an extra save file before applying the cheats and saving, so I am stuck with them. I restarted drastic, reloaded the save file, disabled cheats in the options, no help. I tried the cheats "battle wild shining Pokemon" and "faster processing" (under the game enhancing category). Now I am stuck with a game at double speed and always shiny Pokemon and can't get rid of the cheats. Please help

Edit: with the latest update I was able to disable the increased processing speed so my game runs at normal speed again, which is a relief. But still, the shiny Pokemon cheat won't go away.

Exophase

Re: Pokemon heart gold cheats won't disable

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:13 pm

I added something to the FAQ about this. It's an unavoidable part of how cheats work.

Ariathos92

Post by Ariathos92 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:23 am

Thanks, the solution in the FAQ worked like a charm (:

Sauron

Post by Sauron » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:02 pm

Hey can you tell me what your solution was? Thanks.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Oct 05, 2013 11:30 pm

if you cared enough to read what exophase said, its on the FAQs
Behold my mighty

FrOzZeN

Post by FrOzZeN » Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:16 am

Sorry but I'm new here and can't find the information you were talking about in the FAQ. I would be very glad if you could help me with a link or something

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:27 pm

I activated certain cheats in Pokemon heart gold and wanted to disable them again, unchecked them in the list, but they simply won't. I was stupid enough to not make an extra save file before applying the cheats and saving, so I am stuck with them. I restarted drastic, reloaded the save file, disabled cheats in the options, no help. I tried the cheats "battle wild shining Pokemon" and "faster processing" (under the game enhancing category). Now I am stuck with a game at double speed and always shiny Pokemon and can't get rid of the cheats. Please help

Edit: with the latest update I was able to disable the increased processing speed so my game runs at normal speed again, which is a relief. But still, the shiny Pokemon cheat won't go away.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Apr 15, 2014 3:54 pm

vinny wrote:I activated certain cheats in Pokemon heart gold and wanted to disable them again, unchecked them in the list, but they simply won't. I was stupid enough to not make an extra save file before applying the cheats and saving, so I am stuck with them. I restarted drastic, reloaded the save file, disabled cheats in the options, no help. I tried the cheats "battle wild shining Pokemon" and "faster processing" (under the game enhancing category). Now I am stuck with a game at double speed and always shiny Pokemon and can't get rid of the cheats. Please help

When you say you load a save file do you mean savestate or in-game save?

Cheats are usually stuck with savestates, and there's nothing that can be done - you can't undo what the cheat changed. Normally, they wouldn't be stuck in an in-game save, beyond what the cheat affected in the save file.