new update causes black screen issues.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
callie
new update causes black screen issues.

Post by callie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:51 am

Hi I have been playing harvest moon sunshine island for a few weeks now. The first update fixed the blank box issues and has been playing fine up until the last update, where now I often get partial black screening on the lower screen when leaving a building or selecting menus, which then forces the game to close. :( I'm hoping this will get fixed in the next update, but have been waiting over 2 weeks now. Wish there was a way to reload previous versions. I did email the developer before I realised this forum for posting glitches, no answer as yet. Hoping for a fix soon, or a way to un-update this application. Still the smoothest and fastest emulator out there, when it is working!

Playing on samsung galaxy tab 2 10.1

Exophase

Re: new update causes black screen issues.

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 09, 2013 10:39 am

A savestate would help. You couldn't have been using the newest version for 2 weeks though, it was released less than a week ago.

callie

Post by callie » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:05 am

Hi thank you for you help, sorry for sounding thick, what do you mean by a savestate? I have loaded an older saved game before I had this problem and that too is now corrupted. I cannot remember all the updates, I think when I trialed this app it was 2.1.2 and the blank box problem was apparent. I emailed the developer and he replied very quickly saying the update on the paid version would fix it. So I purchased the app and true to his word the app work fine. It is just the last week or so that the blacking out of the screen has occured and haved realised the version is now 2.1.5.1a Somewhere along the line something has changed, I have just tried oppening drastic again and it forced a close straight away. Many thanks, hope you can help.
Kind regards callie

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:01 pm

Savestates are the saves you make in the emulator menu instead of in the game itself. You can find them stored in /sdcard/DraStic/savestates, if you can grab files from your Android device you can then upload it to the forum so we can look at it. Failing that, it'd be helpful if you could try running the game from the start and seeing where the problem first happens, then give directions on how to get to that point.

The last version (2.1.5a/2.1.5.1a) changed the way some things are emulated to fix issues in a couple games but it caused problems in some other games. We're still changing how we're doing things, and will probably go with a more conservative approach for next version that should hopefully cause fewer regressions. But we'll have to find out if this is actually a regression and not something else like a corrupted savestate.

But you say it now crashes instantly, that's pretty weird, does it happen if you don't select continue when the game is loaded? Do you have cheats enabled? And does it happen for other games too?

callie

Post by callie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:33 am

Thanks for getting back.
I have found the said savestates, thanks, they coincide with the four save slots. 0, 1 and 4 have files saved on them, 3 is still unused.
I have just been trying to upload the savestate info for you but I get the message dss extention not allowed.
The glitches occured soon after I entered the second year into the game, but like I said I have loaded an earlier saved file that was working fine, and now the glitches appear on that file too. I have also now disabled the cheat fuction, which was never used but still no joy.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Callie.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:59 am

you can use dropbox, mediafire to upload the file then post us the link so we can test it.

https://www.dropbox.com/
Behold my mighty

callie

Post by callie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:15 am

Okay, thanks. Just an update, I have just uninstalled drastic ( after saving all my save files) and re-installed the app and started from scratch. The game is glitched from the start now. Opening the assets menu you get blacking out of the background, sometimes when you exit a building the an overlay of the surrounding area is also blacked out, this does not happen all the time but now more often than not, then the app closes.
I will get on and send you the files shortly.
Thanks,
Callie

callie

Post by callie » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:42 am

Here is the savestate info...
Saved in my dropbox under catherine challinor

Hope this works

Callie

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Tue Sep 10, 2013 8:02 am

callie wrote:Here is the savestate info...
Saved in my dropbox under catherine challinor

Hope this works

Callie
i need the link tho....
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Sep 10, 2013 1:07 pm

Could you (or someone) perhaps see if the new beta still has this problem?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=828

Thanks.