Exo; about Golden Sun : Dark Dawn

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
slamandar
Exo; about Golden Sun : Dark Dawn

Post by slamandar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:24 am

So what the estimated time to make the game playable, i know it need lot of hard work and i ask you because its not a simple game that don't have lot of interest

many people wait for this game to be playbal with decent speed on drastic , and how many updat we need to wait for that ??
and thanx for all your great work Exophase and Lordus .
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !

Jay Haru

Re: Exo; about Golden Sun : Dark Dawn

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:44 am

slamandar wrote:So what the estimated time to make the game playable, i know it need lot of hard work and i ask you because its not a simple game that don't have lot of interest

many people wait for this game to be playbal with decent speed on drastic , and how many updat we need to wait for that ??
and thanx for all your great work Exophase and Lordus .
all i can say s that as of latest beta, still not working.
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 09, 2013 12:04 pm

Sorry but I haven't worked on dealing with any of the three issues. I have figured out why the glitchy screen flickering happens though. Unfortunately fixing that is going to need another change to how we're emulating things. I don't think it'll be a huge deal but I don't know for sure.. Always feels risky changing this stuff too :/

It's not that there isn't a lot of interest in fixing this, quite the contrary, it's the most critical right now in terms of how often broken games are reported. It's just a very tricky game that we need more time for.

The real thing that's going to be a lot of work to deal with is that this game modifies ITCM several times a frame, which causes a flush of the ITCM translation cache which is relatively slow. We need a special strategy for handling this, but I don't know yet what will be effective. It's the only game I know of that does this, so whatever we do might be tweaked for this game..

slamandar

Post by slamandar » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 pm

I'm following this drastic project from the first time i read about it on pandora forum and i did a topic about drastic drastic on the ppsspp forum i think 20000 people had viewing it , anyway the only soluce i think is to work on this game in separated ways so it need lot of time to make it playable with the rest of the ds games like a fix option on the emulator that work for this game

i know its not that easy so if the game won't work on drastic its not like the end of the world but it be nice to see golden sun in our smartphone
Sorry if my English is bad, I'm French !