Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
UselessPoint
Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Post by UselessPoint » Sat Jul 16, 2016 8:08 am

Hello to everyone. I surfed trough the pages but i'm not sure i have understood if there is a solution to the problem i'm gonna expose.

I've started playing pokemon black.
Went in the game with in-game savegame and emu savegame.
Wasn't happy with my choices.
Restarted, did few hours of accelerated gaming.

Found out that i can't do in-save game due to the previous save.

Now, how can i delete the old in-save game?

If i reset game and erase it with up+select+b, as soon as i load the save with the emu, it tells me that i still can't save cause there is an old save.

Is there a way to fix this? I'd like to make sure that i can in-save with this new save, so i don't incur in corruption.

Thanks to everyone.

sexy_saxophone

Post by sexy_saxophone » Mon Jul 25, 2016 4:45 pm

A few months ago i loaded up a randomized version of HeartGold, it worked fine and before i picked my starter i saved the game and turned it off cause it was like 4 in the morning. The next day, I can't remember how exactly, but somehow i started a new game without deleting the previous save file and just rolled with it until today, didn't even notice cause i use savestates.Today I finished the Elite Four and beat the Champion and after the credits rolled and "The End" went by,the intro started again and i wanted to continue the adventure onward to Kanto and fight Red however when the savefile showed up it had a time of 0:01 and Pokedex: 0. I clicked it and it brought me back to Prof Elm's lab where i still haven't picked my starter.I loaded the savestate that brought me back to outside the Elite Four and tried to save the game,but it just said "Impossible to save file..."
Can someone please help me?I don't wanna have to start all over again and lose almost 50 hours of hard work.I still have the Indigo Plateau savestate,is there a way i can transfer it onto the existing save file?
I've been trying for almost three days and i just can't get it to work.Can anyone help me?I have the savestate and the file so i can give them to anyone if that helps.

oke051903

Post by oke051903 » Tue Jul 26, 2016 7:50 am

Exophase's idea worked for me!
Rename the ingame save (do not delete for backup!)
Then load your savestate then save there.
P.S. thanks Exophase

dvs23

Post by dvs23 » Sat Jul 30, 2016 7:23 am

Hello!

I have a problem with my Pokemon HeartGold save. I only used savestates, so now, after e4, I cannot continue like all the others in this thread, too.. I tried all ways described here but they did not wor for me :(
So, I disabled save in savegame and tried all the stuff with creating a new game or trying to delete the dsv, but my game always says there's another save and it cannot save... Moreover I do not have a message that my savegame is corrupted (because there is no save that could be corrupted, but nevertheless it does not save my game...) So I only have a savestate (dss), what can I do to rescue my game? If someone wants to try: here is a savestate before the fight against the champ.

I would be really happy if you could help me :)

P.S.: I purchased Drastic because it's such a great emulator, so I don't use a cracked version ;)
Attachments
4827%20-%20Pokemon%20-%20Goldene%20Edition%20HeartGold%20(G)_2.dss
(1.78MiB)Downloaded 1056 times

Mentossss

Post by Mentossss » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:33 am

I'm not sure If I have a corrupted save or not, but when I transfer my savestate to a edited ROM to allow me to evolve some Pokemon without trading, my game will either just freeze or just return me to the Drastic main menu. I have tried multiple different ROMs but this still happens.

I also have no option to load in-game saves whenever I do try and save, so some of these fixes I can't even try. I have the most up-to-date Drastic which was bought. Any suggestions/help?

ItayA8

Post by ItayA8 » Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:17 am

I'm playing pokemon platinum and after defeating the champion an in game save is created, and I saved using savestate while the in game save was created. That was probably a mistake because now it stuck in "saving please dont turn off the power" and I cant advance. Any solutions?

Mr_swag77

Post by Mr_swag77 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:15 am

I have not ran into any problems. I save both the game amd on drastic

Vanstyle

Post by Vanstyle » Thu Sep 28, 2017 9:02 am

It happend to me couple of times, still not even once i manage to complete Black 2

Does it happend in every pokemon game?
What can i do to avoide it frim happening?

Odrax

Post by Odrax » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:27 am

I had my saves corrupted (black 2) upon playing with cheats after accidently using master ball and overwriting save state. I managed to repair it by following:

Downloaded Pokegen and tried to load my .dsv file (../DraStic/backup)
http://archive.pokedit.com/download/pokegen.php

But program was unable to load it so after long research I found this tool:

https://github.com/suloku/BW_tool/releases

After loading save I clicked Verify Checksums. They were invalid so I updated them (next button 'Update Checksums') and saved file. After this, ROM still considered save to be corrupted, but I was able to load it with Pokegen.
All data were fine with exception of inventory. It was absolutely empty so I had to manually fill database (Tools/Items). It was long process but worth it considering 80+ hours playtime I was triying to save.

After that I saved file as [rom name].dsv and replaced old backup with it.

IT WORKED and I was able to load in-game save and use it normally. Of course do not use any corrupted savestates again due to risk of overwriting backup again. New savestates work fine.

Traplover

Post by Traplover » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:34 pm

Damn, just got Drastic and im having the same savestate issue but im not familiar with how my in-game save was corrupted. Can anyone help with this .dsv file which the in-game save always become corrupted after beating Lance in Pokemon SoulSilver?
Attachments
4781 - Pokemon SoulSilver (U)(Xenophobia)_8.dsv
(1.83MiB)Downloaded 816 times