Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Arpadiam
Posts: 10
Joined: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 am

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby Arpadiam » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:27 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
Arpadiam wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:all pokemon games are stable on the ds. nuff said.


sorry, i think i wrote it wrong, wanna play on the Drastic emu.


no emu guarantees total stability. heck not even the ds can claim total stability.

just play all your pokemons and if something goes wrong, refer to the myriad of threads here with same problem and those that was resolved.

alright, i gona leave it there, i didnt find the answer i was looking
regards
vdtfranky
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:59 am

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby vdtfranky » Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:38 pm

I have had some saving issues of my own and I thought I would share my experience in case it might help someone. I am currently playing pokemon platinum and have made both game saves and save states because I just recently purchased DraStic and didn't know exactly which was better. My last save state was at 3 hours, but I have been game saving up to the 8 hour mark. I then closed DraStic on my phone. I copied the .dsv file to my desktop to toy around with it a little, and then tried to start DraStic up again and accidentally hit continue on the main page and it took me to my previous save state. I immediately restarted the rom and the latest game save was from the same time as the save state, which I have read is from the save state having a game save in it. I could not get the rom to recognize my game save no matter what I did: I removed the save state files from the subfolder which caused the game to go back to the beginning like there was no save. I then used no$gba to see if the save was ok, which it was. I tried resaving with that to see if that would fix it. It didnt. The trick that did work, was to open the rom in nds4droid. I am not sure why this other emulator could open it, but when it did, it must have fixed the error, because my game save works now! I have included the before and after save files if anyone is interested in the differences.
Attachments
New Compressed (zipped) Folder.zip
(25.19 KiB) Downloaded 253 times
Flaw
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby Flaw » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi everyone,

I am having a problem regarding my Pokemon Soul Silver saving. I was able to ingame save just once, right on the beggining of the game. After that, every time I tried to ingame save, there was the following error: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save". Since then, I had just savestated.

Now I have beaten the Elite 4, but when I try to continue my game from there, it loads from my ingame save (which was saved on the beggining of the game). My problem is pretty much the same as of maKun.

Can anyone help me? I didn't understand the step by step (of deleting the save game, and then loading again, etc.). So if you could help me, I would appreciate very much. I have a savestate right before defeating Lance, so I guess there is a way.

Thank you
Jay Haru
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby Jay Haru » Sat Jan 25, 2014 9:02 pm

Flaw wrote:Hi everyone,

I am having a problem regarding my Pokemon Soul Silver saving. I was able to ingame save just once, right on the beggining of the game. After that, every time I tried to ingame save, there was the following error: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save". Since then, I had just savestated.

Now I have beaten the Elite 4, but when I try to continue my game from there, it loads from my ingame save (which was saved on the beggining of the game). My problem is pretty much the same as of maKun.

Can anyone help me? I didn't understand the step by step (of deleting the save game, and then loading again, etc.). So if you could help me, I would appreciate very much. I have a savestate right before defeating Lance, so I guess there is a way.

Thank you


The steps are already explained as easily as possible though...
first and foremost, you must make sure your savestate doesnt include savegames in them (uncheck this in the advanced option.)
then make a savestate.

after this, you can do the step by step guide.
Behold my mighty
Image
Flaw
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby Flaw » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:00 am

Jay Haru wrote:
Flaw wrote:Hi everyone,

I am having a problem regarding my Pokemon Soul Silver saving. I was able to ingame save just once, right on the beggining of the game. After that, every time I tried to ingame save, there was the following error: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save". Since then, I had just savestated.

Now I have beaten the Elite 4, but when I try to continue my game from there, it loads from my ingame save (which was saved on the beggining of the game). My problem is pretty much the same as of maKun.

Can anyone help me? I didn't understand the step by step (of deleting the save game, and then loading again, etc.). So if you could help me, I would appreciate very much. I have a savestate right before defeating Lance, so I guess there is a way.

Thank you


The steps are already explained as easily as possible though...
first and foremost, you must make sure your savestate doesnt include savegames in them (uncheck this in the advanced option.)
then make a savestate.

after this, you can do the step by step guide.


Thank you, Jay Haru. I asked for a new explanation, because I followed these steps and it didn't work:

- Delete excisting in-game save(s) (Menu > New game > No > Up-Select-B > Delete all saved data, yes, yes) - ok
- Start a new game (It starts automatically) - ok
- Skip until I can in-game save - ok
- Save in-game - ok
- Softreset the game (Menu > Reset) - ok
- Load the new and working in-game save (That works!) -ok
- Load savestat (Menu > Load/Save > The savestat before I have to fight Lance) - ok
- Save in-game - This step I'm not managing to complete. When I load a previous savestate (before fighting Lance) the same problem continues: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save".

That's why I asked for a more detailed explanation, I just can't manage to do it as supposed to.

And I bought the most recente version, r2.2.0.2a

What else can I do to fix my problem?

Thank you in advance.
Jay Haru
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby Jay Haru » Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:13 am

Flaw wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:
Flaw wrote:Hi everyone,

I am having a problem regarding my Pokemon Soul Silver saving. I was able to ingame save just once, right on the beggining of the game. After that, every time I tried to ingame save, there was the following error: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save". Since then, I had just savestated.

Now I have beaten the Elite 4, but when I try to continue my game from there, it loads from my ingame save (which was saved on the beggining of the game). My problem is pretty much the same as of maKun.

Can anyone help me? I didn't understand the step by step (of deleting the save game, and then loading again, etc.). So if you could help me, I would appreciate very much. I have a savestate right before defeating Lance, so I guess there is a way.

Thank you


The steps are already explained as easily as possible though...
first and foremost, you must make sure your savestate doesnt include savegames in them (uncheck this in the advanced option.)
then make a savestate.

after this, you can do the step by step guide.


Thank you, Jay Haru. I asked for a new explanation, because I followed these steps and it didn't work:

- Delete excisting in-game save(s) (Menu > New game > No > Up-Select-B > Delete all saved data, yes, yes) - ok
- Start a new game (It starts automatically) - ok
- Skip until I can in-game save - ok
- Save in-game - ok
- Softreset the game (Menu > Reset) - ok
- Load the new and working in-game save (That works!) -ok
- Load savestat (Menu > Load/Save > The savestat before I have to fight Lance) - ok
- Save in-game - This step I'm not managing to complete. When I load a previous savestate (before fighting Lance) the same problem continues: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save".

That's why I asked for a more detailed explanation, I just can't manage to do it as supposed to.

And I bought the most recente version, r2.2.0.2a

What else can I do to fix my problem?

Thank you in advance.

that is exactly why i said, turn off the 'savestate contains ingame save' option in the andvanced menu.
by default, the app has savestates that contains ingame saves to prevent this bug but if it happens, then you must make a savestarte that doesnt have an ingame save with it.

the error you experience ia coz you have a working ingame save but the save state you loaded also has one. this confuses the game so basically you need to make a savestate that doesnt have ingame saves.

since you followed the instructions to the T please do this first before doing that.

1. turn off the 'savestates contain ingame save' option in advanced menu.
2. create a savestate (preferably before e4 but someone said it works inside e4 building)

3. do the steps as mentioned
*use the latest savestate you made which is without ingame save.

-------
Behold my mighty
Image
Flaw
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby Flaw » Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:03 pm

Hello Jay Haru,

Unfortunately, I tried again and the result was the same: it seemed nothing had changed.

I'll put my steps here, just to see if I'm not doing anything wrong and, maybe, try an alternate solution.

1- Uncheck the box "Store in-game saves in savestates".
2- Quit DraStic for the change to take place.
3- Open and older savestate and make a new savestate (on a new slot) - I did this on a savestate before entering E4.
4- Soft Reset and delete previous data (Up+Select+B).
5- Start a new game.
6- On the new game, make a in-game save (I did it right after talking to my mom).
7- Soft Reset again.
8- Load the new game (the in-game save worked).
9- Load the savestate that I have done on step 3 (which as supposed to have no in-game savestate on it).
10- Make an in-game save. Problem again.. There is still an error message: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save".

Is there any other way or am I just ruined? Because I am not having any problem with a corrupted file, just that my savestate is detecting another in-game save..

Please, try solving this problem for me, I'll try my best to make it work.

Thank you again
Jay Haru
Posts: 1715
Joined: Sat Aug 10, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: Pasig, Philippines

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby Jay Haru » Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:32 pm

Flaw wrote:Hello Jay Haru,

Unfortunately, I tried again and the result was the same: it seemed nothing had changed.

I'll put my steps here, just to see if I'm not doing anything wrong and, maybe, try an alternate solution.

1- Uncheck the box "Store in-game saves in savestates".
2- Quit DraStic for the change to take place.
3- Open and older savestate and make a new savestate (on a new slot) - I did this on a savestate before entering E4.
4- Soft Reset and delete previous data (Up+Select+B).
5- Start a new game.
6- On the new game, make a in-game save (I did it right after talking to my mom).
7- Soft Reset again.
8- Load the new game (the in-game save worked).
9- Load the savestate that I have done on step 3 (which as supposed to have no in-game savestate on it).
10- Make an in-game save. Problem again.. There is still an error message: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save".

Is there any other way or am I just ruined? Because I am not having any problem with a corrupted file, just that my savestate is detecting another in-game save..

Please, try solving this problem for me, I'll try my best to make it work.

Thank you again


maybe you can up your state and we can try doing it for you. please use somethinglike dropbox for easy retrieval.
Behold my mighty
Image
Flaw
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:28 pm

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby Flaw » Mon Jan 27, 2014 8:34 pm

Thank you, Jay Haru.

I already have PMed you with some informations. Please check your PM box.

Regards
jantheman
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:49 am

Re: Pokemon save corruption issues (work-around in thread)

Postby jantheman » Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:54 am

Flaw wrote:Hello Jay Haru,

Unfortunately, I tried again and the result was the same: it seemed nothing had changed.

I'll put my steps here, just to see if I'm not doing anything wrong and, maybe, try an alternate solution.

1- Uncheck the box "Store in-game saves in savestates".
2- Quit DraStic for the change to take place.
3- Open and older savestate and make a new savestate (on a new slot) - I did this on a savestate before entering E4.
4- Soft Reset and delete previous data (Up+Select+B).
5- Start a new game.
6- On the new game, make a in-game save (I did it right after talking to my mom).
7- Soft Reset again.
8- Load the new game (the in-game save worked).
9- Load the savestate that I have done on step 3 (which as supposed to have no in-game savestate on it).
10- Make an in-game save. Problem again.. There is still an error message: "There is already a saved game file. It is impossible to save".

Is there any other way or am I just ruined? Because I am not having any problem with a corrupted file, just that my savestate is detecting another in-game save..

Please, try solving this problem for me, I'll try my best to make it work.

Thank you again


I'm sorry to dig up this old thread, but I just wanted to say thank you to you and Jay Haru! I was badly struggling with a corrupted savegame after the e4 and none of the other before mentioned solutions have been working for me. But thanks to you and your thorough step by step explanation, I managed to fix a save before the e4. I hope everything has been working out for you as well in the end!

Return to “Help and Compatibility”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests