demo works but full does not

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
SOGGYSAMICH
demo works but full does not

Post by SOGGYSAMICH » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:06 am

Drastic demo works with the two pokemon games that I got but does not work with the full version even using the same games ( didn't change settings in either app )

When I use the full version ill select the game I want to play just like I do in the demo version but the full version just for e closes when I do and demo opens up the game no problem

Jay Haru

Re: demo works but full does not

Post by Jay Haru » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:17 am

SOGGYSAMICH wrote:Drastic demo works with the two pokemon games that I got but does not work with the full version even using the same games ( didn't change settings in either app )

When I use the full version ill select the game I want to play just like I do in the demo version but the full version just for e closes when I do and demo opens up the game no problem
can you tell us what is your device and what android version are you using?
Behold my mighty

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Sep 08, 2013 6:21 am

Can you confirm that you were using 2.1.5.1a for the demo?

These cases where the demo worked but the full version doesn't are really weird. I can't think of much that could cause it, the only thing that really comes to mind is that the demo doesn't write backup files (in-game saves) so it's basically read-only, while the full version will write them automatically, usually not long after the game is started for the first time. If for some reason the files can't be written it could cause a crash. The only other thing is if the license verification is somehow causing crashes, or if you're using cheats and those cause crashes (since cheats aren't in the demo version).

This is probably somehing Lordus will be able to help you with soon, if you're willing to work with him on it.

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:26 am

The demo and full version are using different locations to store their data, but if you're already getting to actually select a game, then DraStic could successfully install all its data and pass the license verification. So that shouldn't really be an issue.
Could you please try to uninstall and re-download the full version?

SOGGYSAMICH

Post by SOGGYSAMICH » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:16 pm

I'm using the current up to date drastic demo and drastic full apks as I got them directly form the app store as for my phone.

HTC EVO 4g LTE
And yes I have uninstalled but when I try and reinstall I get a error that says I have insufficient memory and both my ad cats and phone have well over 3gigs each

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Do you get that error from the system, or from within DraStic?
If it's from the system, uninstall DraStic, try clearing cache and data from the Google Play app and services (in Settings->Apps->All).
Reboot your phone and try to install again.

beansta

Post by beansta » Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:06 pm

Are you running the phone rooted and/or Custom ROM/kernel?

If you are then you need to wipe the dalvik cache. (I sometimes rarely get this problem after using luckypatcher ages ago)
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)