Invalid License Issues (troubleshooting inside)

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
dhenzciz
Re: Invalid License Issues (troubleshooting inside)

Post by dhenzciz » Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:37 am

Oh I fixed the issue here is what I did:

1. Uninstall Drastic DS
2. Clear cache of Google Play and Services
3. Uninstall Update on Google Play
4. Install Drastic DS using the outdated Google Play
5. On one try the it has error: 291 due to updating Google Play
6. Once Google Play is updated, I can use the Drastic DS, yay :D

yokese

Post by yokese » Wed Feb 01, 2017 12:15 pm

Due to the amount of people having licenses problems I'm really lost....

I can run Drastic but I have a license problem. It seems that each day (I think....) when I start the app I got de error 256 veryfing the license. Then when I start once again it pass the license verification an the app runs properly. This is being happening from three or four months. This would be a minor problem, but sometimes I CAN'T BE ONLINE and then I can't run the app.

I think this licenses verification problems should be corrected by the own application (checking, rebuilding, delting.... the cache or user data or whatever is needed). I don't think that avoid piracy could excuse that application doesn't work properly for people that had paid.

rubejb

Post by rubejb » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:33 pm

Exophase wrote: The license authentication is just done the first time you run it, after you got it from the store, where still having a connection should be a given because how else could you have gotten it?
So are you saying that the authentication is only done the very first time, and should not be checked again?

Just curious, as I was without an internet connection today, decided to play some Drastic and it gave me the license error. This has been installed on my phone for months, used many times and never reinstalled.

So I assumed it was one of those apps that has to "check in" every week or every month, or whatever. But if it's checking just on the initial run of the emulator, then something is definitely wrong.

I know it's a paid app, and you want to protect it by having the license check, but it seems to me that this sort of thing only hurts paying customers. It is an amazing emulator though, so I can't complain too much. Just my two cents.

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:46 pm

rubejb wrote:
Exophase wrote: The license authentication is just done the first time you run it, after you got it from the store, where still having a connection should be a given because how else could you have gotten it?
So are you saying that the authentication is only done the very first time, and should not be checked again?

Just curious, as I was without an internet connection today, decided to play some Drastic and it gave me the license error. This has been installed on my phone for months, used many times and never reinstalled.

So I assumed it was one of those apps that has to "check in" every week or every month, or whatever. But if it's checking just on the initial run of the emulator, then something is definitely wrong.

I know it's a paid app, and you want to protect it by having the license check, but it seems to me that this sort of thing only hurts paying customers. It is an amazing emulator though, so I can't complain too much. Just my two cents.
I am getting similar licence check errors too, and that's my biggest beef with the emulator. I've seen countless people complain about constant licence checks being carried out on things like games and media content, and it's a shame that Drastic seems to use this check. No offence though, as the emulator is indeed worth the $$.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:05 pm

There may actually be an issue with 2.5.0.4a and licensing at the moment. The checks should not be this frequent (as far as I know, it really should be a one time thing).
For me, 2.5.0.3a holds on to a license for at least 5 minutes, while 2.5.0.4a invalidates it after 1-2.

There's also a chance that the license is set to expire due to it being marked as a Testing Build.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:12 am

xperia64 wrote:There may actually be an issue with 2.5.0.4a and licensing at the moment. The checks should not be this frequent (as far as I know, it really should be a one time thing).
For me, 2.5.0.3a holds on to a license for at least 5 minutes, while 2.5.0.4a invalidates it after 1-2.

There's also a chance that the license is set to expire due to it being marked as a Testing Build.
This problem cannot be affecting everyone, I have not had issues with the latest test build so far.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Sun Aug 06, 2017 4:18 pm

At the moment, Google Play Licensing doesn't seem to be giving the test builds a validity timestamp, which means it defaults to expiring after a minute. I have manually set it to expire after a year instead for the next test build.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 6:56 am

xperia64 wrote:At the moment, Google Play Licensing doesn't seem to be giving the test builds a validity timestamp, which means it defaults to expiring after a minute. I have manually set it to expire after a year instead for the next test build.
But how come I am not affected by this, I am on the latest test build.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:06 am

kaikun97 wrote:But how come I am not affected by this, I am on the latest test build.
So if you launch the app, close it, put your device into airplane mode, and launch it again after a couple of minutes, it still works?
Perhaps Google Play Services actually gave you a longer validity time, but this seems to be happening to enough people that it's probably best to just set it to a year.

AOS4239NQBM

Post by AOS4239NQBM » Wed Aug 16, 2017 5:31 am

Hello. i just bought the drastic emulator from google play store this morning. but i cant use it as it says error 736. i had tried all the available instruction in 'help', still not working. uninstalled, clear data and cache for both play servicr and google play store, reinstall still no go. anyone knows what should i do to be able to use it? thank you.