im new help

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
xone1988
im new help

Post by xone1988 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:29 pm

hi guys :)

I just got the emulator from the google store.
and I have downloaded a pokemon moon ultra from the internet, bud when I put it on my phone im not eble to find it with the drastic emulator when i try to load it...

hope anyone can help me :) or tell me where i can find a good rom :)

ericbazinga

Re: im new help

Post by ericbazinga » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:12 pm

Your error is simple. It doesn't work because it won't.

DraStic is an emulator for the Nintendo DS. Pokemon Ultra Moon is a game for the Nintendo 3DS. The two are not compatible, because DraStic is an emulator for the original DS AND NOT FOR THE 3DS. And before you ask, there is no 3DS emulator for phones at the time and there probably won't be for at least 3-5 years. (And no, the DraStic team is not making a 3DS emulator right now and does not plan to make one in the future, no matter how much people beg them to.) Emulators are not pieces of magic that allow you to play the newest games for free on your phone. They're pieces of software that take years to develop and don't come out in a playable state till years after release, usually after the system being emulated has been discontinued and replaced by something newer and more powerful. They take up a LOT of horsepower as well, and therefore usually require powerful computers in order to run full speed. (And for the record, it's exactly the same situation on PC in terms of development.) The latest phones out today such as the Samsung Galaxy S9 are just now running GameCube and Wii games full speed. And those phones cost a LOT, so don't expect your old phone to be able to do the same. Don't expect a 3DS emulator for phones for a long while.

I understand your uneducated confusion in thinking that DraStic is a 3DS emulator, but there's a BIG difference between the DS and 3DS.

Now, at this point, you have a few options:

> Download a Pokemon game for the original DS. It's not gonna be the latest game with all the newest Pokemon, but it will be a Pokemon game. You have the choices of Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, Black/White, or Black 2/White 2.
> Purchase a Nintendo 2DS and Pokemon Ultra Moon for roughly $140 ($80 system plus $60 game).
> Download Citra and play your illegal download of Ultra Moon on there. Citra is an experimental 3DS emulator for PC, and while it will play the game fine, unless you have a powerful computer it absolutely will not run full speed.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

SSUPII

Re: im new help

Post by SSUPII » Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:08 am

xone1988 wrote:hi guys :)

I just got the emulator from the google store.
and I have downloaded a pokemon moon ultra from the internet, bud when I put it on my phone im not eble to find it with the drastic emulator when i try to load it...

hope anyone can help me :) or tell me where i can find a good rom :)
Pokemon Moon Ultra is a 3DS game, not supported by Drastic. Drastic is a Nintendo DS emulator, not a Nintendo 3DS one.
The Nintendo DS and the Nintendo 3DS are 2 completely different consoles.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage