3DS Compatibility

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Silverwing9000
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:17 am

3DS Compatibility

Postby Silverwing9000 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:26 pm

Hey, can you make the drastic emulator compatible with Nintendo 3DS games? This would be awesome and would make this emulator more popular. I know something like this would take a long time to do and I'm not asking for an emulator in like one day but I would love it to be an add-on for the drastic emulator. It could be an add-on in development or something like that. Thanks for listening to my idea.
User avatar
Platybus
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Jul 08, 2017 9:44 am

Re: 3DS Compatibility

Postby Platybus » Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:43 pm

Unfortunately, there is no hint about an Android 3DS emulator. Thank you for sharing your suggestion. :D
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: 3DS Compatibility

Postby ericbazinga » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:18 am

One day, I guarantee you. One day it will be possible. We must be patient until then.

If you want to talk to some emulator developers actually focused on 3DS emulaton, I suggest contacting the Citra team. They've got a great 3DS emulator for PC in development, I'm sure they can better answer your questions.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#5561
Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx
User avatar
SSUPII
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:15 am
Location: Bari, Italy

Re: 3DS Compatibility

Postby SSUPII » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:02 am

ericbazinga wrote:One day, I guarantee you. One day it will be possible. We must be patient until then.

If you want to talk to some emulator developers actually focused on 3DS emulaton, I suggest contacting the Citra team. They've got a great 3DS emulator for PC in development, I'm sure they can better answer your questions.


They already said that they will not do a 3DS emulator on Android in the near future because the code used for the PC version is completely incompatible with the ARM processors that most smartphones have, also the graphical engine needs to be completely rewritten to support at least Vulkan.
I will miss Emuparadise ROMs
Spoiler!
Some Pokemon gifs here, nothing important to see
ImageImage
User avatar
ericbazinga
Posts: 1099
Joined: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:46 pm
Location: Somewhere in Texas
Contact:

Re: 3DS Compatibility

Postby ericbazinga » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:48 am

SSUPII wrote:
ericbazinga wrote:One day, I guarantee you. One day it will be possible. We must be patient until then.

If you want to talk to some emulator developers actually focused on 3DS emulaton, I suggest contacting the Citra team. They've got a great 3DS emulator for PC in development, I'm sure they can better answer your questions.


They already said that they will not do a 3DS emulator on Android in the near future because the code used for the PC version is completely incompatible with the ARM processors that most smartphones have, also the graphical engine needs to be completely rewritten to support at least Vulkan.

Oh. Well, maybe eventually.
Image

Find me elsewhere at:

Discord: Ericbazinga#5561
Retrode Forum: http://tinyurl.com/hdsuvzk
Bulbapedia: http://tinyurl.com/zgyalrx
Silverwing9000
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:17 am

Re: 3DS Compatibility

Postby Silverwing9000 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Man, if I knew Android Coding I would make a 3DS Emulator myself and and call it "Too-Drastic" or "Tri-Drastic". You know, something clever like that. That would be cool.

But I guess I will have to buy a Windows PC. Thanks everyone.
User avatar
SSUPII
Posts: 226
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2016 7:15 am
Location: Bari, Italy

Re: 3DS Compatibility

Postby SSUPII » Fri Jun 15, 2018 4:23 pm

Silverwing9000 wrote:Man, if I knew Android Coding I would make a 3DS Emulator myself and and call it "Too-Drastic" or "Tri-Drastic". You know, something clever like that. That would be cool.

But I guess I will have to buy a Windows PC. Thanks everyone.


You should have been a pretty experienced developer, coding an emulator from scratch is not that simple
I will miss Emuparadise ROMs
Spoiler!
Some Pokemon gifs here, nothing important to see
ImageImage

Return to “Help and Compatibility”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google [Bot] and 6 guests