Problems / Questions about the app

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Dakara
Problems / Questions about the app

Post by Dakara » Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:34 pm

I bought the DraStic app on android but i had a few problems/questions.
I initially send 3 emails about this but none of them got a reply sadly. I hope this way i will get answers.

- I made a user and tried setting a custom location but all i got was a blank screen with one field that had a "/" and nothing else. I could not press anything nor type something anywhere. How to fix this?
- I had made a few user to try previous point but now i want to delete some users because i dont use them. How do i do this?
- When i played a game and made a save then closed the app. Each time when i open the app again, the "continue" button is black and cant be pressed. When i press on any other button (like options or the user) and then press back so its on the main screen again it is white and can be pressed and goes to the proper save game. How can it be fixed so i just can press continue the first time and dont have to press 3 buttons in order to be able to press it?

Thanks in advance.

xperia64

Re: Problems / Questions about the app

Post by xperia64 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:33 pm

1. That's a file browser bug. The main file browser has been fixed but that once slipped by.
2. Under /sdcard/DraStic/users, for each folder in there, copy any save files you may want out of /sdcard/DraStic/users/<user>/backup/ and /sdcard/DraStic/users/<user>/savestates folders. Then delete the <user> folder. If that doesn't work, clear the app data in the Android settings app. Clearing the app data in Android settings should not affect save games.
3. This may be related to having multiple users. Try what I mentioned in 2. and see if that fixes it.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:19 pm

xperia64 wrote:1. That's a file browser bug. The main file browser has been fixed but that one slipped by.
Any chance of correcting it in a future release?
OBJECTION!

Dakara

Post by Dakara » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:36 am

xperia64 wrote:1. That's a file browser bug. The main file browser has been fixed but that once slipped by.
2. Under /sdcard/DraStic/users, for each folder in there, copy any save files you may want out of /sdcard/DraStic/users/<user>/backup/ and /sdcard/DraStic/users/<user>/savestates folders. Then delete the <user> folder. If that doesn't work, clear the app data in the Android settings app. Clearing the app data in Android settings should not affect save games.
3. This may be related to having multiple users. Try what I mentioned in 2. and see if that fixes it.
Thank you for the reply. (Luckily there is some activity here because 3 emails and never got any reply)

1. So thats the only option as to remove a user? Kind of weird not just implement a delete button in the app itself.
2. I tried this, the users i wanted out are indeed gone.
3. The above did not fix this issue.

Dakara

Post by Dakara » Wed Jun 06, 2018 6:30 am

xperia64 wrote:1. That's a file browser bug. The main file browser has been fixed but that once slipped by.
And are you by any chance one of the devs? If not, its pretty harmful that i send them multiple emails and contacted here on the forum but i do not get a reply from them at all

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:10 pm

I'm one of the devs, but I don't have access to the emails. It's also a bit easier to provide support here. If a common issue or solution is found, others can view it here. Also, from what I understand, the emails get a fair amount of spam and other otherwise incoherent emails.

Dakara

Post by Dakara » Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:22 pm

xperia64 wrote:I'm one of the devs, but I don't have access to the emails. It's also a bit easier to provide support here. If a common issue or solution is found, others can view it here. Also, from what I understand, the emails get a fair amount of spam and other otherwise incoherent emails.
Well good to hear at least the devs are reachable. I don't mind being it on here or via email as long there is support.

So, i was able to remove the unused users. But point 3 (the grey continue button) did not get fixed this way sadly. Will there be an update for this?
With that i hope point one will be fixed too soon so i can have a custom location and copy the saved content from the current to that new location.

xperia64

Post by xperia64 » Wed Jun 06, 2018 7:11 pm

I can try to look into the continue button thing.

In terms of moving save data, without a major overhaul, you'd still only be able to have it on internal (or adopted) storage (or if you've rooted your device and made your external storage R/W like internal storage).

Dakara

Post by Dakara » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:37 am

xperia64 wrote:I can try to look into the continue button thing.

In terms of moving save data, without a major overhaul, you'd still only be able to have it on internal (or adopted) storage (or if you've rooted your device and made your external storage R/W like internal storage).
I hope the continue button can be fixed. Although its a small thing, its still a bit annoying and i feel like that just has to work when paying for an app.
So without root, i cannot use a location on my external SD? Bit of a let down sadly. And there are no plans on adding this?

I also noticed the app was last updated on Jul 19, 2016? is this right? I sure hope this does not mean there will be absolutely no support (in updates) anymore and that every small or big bug or issue therefore wont be solved/fixed?

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Fri Jun 08, 2018 7:55 am

Dakara wrote:
I also noticed the app was last updated on Jul 19, 2016? is this right? I sure hope this does not mean there will be absolutely no support (in updates) anymore and that every small or big bug or issue therefore wont be solved/fixed?
Oh boy, this question gets asked a lot... There is a beta version if you didn't noticed, so yes, they haven't abandoned and there will be more updates coming soon.
OBJECTION!