Problems / Questions about the app

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Dakara
Re: Problems / Questions about the app

Post by Dakara » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:31 am

dsattorney wrote:
Dakara wrote:
I also noticed the app was last updated on Jul 19, 2016? is this right? I sure hope this does not mean there will be absolutely no support (in updates) anymore and that every small or big bug or issue therefore wont be solved/fixed?
Oh boy, this question gets asked a lot... There is a beta version if you didn't noticed, so yes, they haven't abandoned and there will be more updates coming soon.
Thank you for the reply.

I did not notice a beta version (only looked on the play store so that's why i didn't see it, i know where to find it now though). And sorry for asking this if its already been asked a lot. I was mostly in the flow of this page and did not do research on it. Good to hear its still being supported.

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Fri Jun 08, 2018 8:39 am

Don't worry. We all make these types of mistakes sometimes.
OBJECTION!

Dakara

Post by Dakara » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:17 pm

Ok, so it has been like 2 months or so since i make comments about a few things that didnt work properly in the app.

I know you told me there is a beta version somewhere to be downloaded, but i paid but the google play version and would like to see it updated via google play and not via a beta version somewhere.

When will the Google Play version be updated with a lot of the bug fixes?

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:26 pm

Dakara wrote:Ok, so it has been like 2 months or so since i make comments about a few things that didnt work properly in the app.

I know you told me there is a beta version somewhere to be downloaded, but i paid but the google play version and would like to see it updated via google play and not via a beta version somewhere.

The latest beta build (r2.5.0.4a) is hosted on the Google Play Store, you just have to join the beta program.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

Dakara

Post by Dakara » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:17 pm

SSUPII wrote:
Dakara wrote:Ok, so it has been like 2 months or so since i make comments about a few things that didnt work properly in the app.

The latest beta build (r2.5.0.4a) is hosted on the Google Play Store, you just have to join the beta program.
Well if i go to the play store for Drastic, i dont se any option to join the beta program for it. Second, beta programs are all fun and games but the main app must be updated once in a while too and not just the beta. When will this happen?

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:26 pm

Dakara wrote:
SSUPII wrote:

Well if i go to the play store for Drastic, i dont se any option to join the beta program for it. Second, beta programs are all fun and games but the main app must be updated once in a while too and not just the beta. When will this happen?
To join the beta program follow the instructions in this topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=828.
Is possible that Drastic will receive a new update to respect the new Google's rules and APIs, I don't know if it will really happen and if it will contain the bug fixes in the latest beta
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!

Dakara

Post by Dakara » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:34 pm

SSUPII wrote:
Dakara wrote:
SSUPII wrote:
To join the beta program follow the instructions in this topic viewtopic.php?f=4&t=828.
Is possible that Drastic will receive a new update to respect the new Google's rules and APIs, I don't know if it will really happen and if it will contain the bug fixes in the latest beta

Here is where is already goes wrong, i don't want to join any google groups in order to get the latest updates on an app that i paid for.
your last sentence only speaks of IF and MAYBE, which has the same chance as that it wont be updated and that all the bugs that are currently in it won't get fixed in the main app.
If people pay for an app in the play store they should be able to rely on updates and bug fixes in the main app, not the beta program. This hasnt been done in over 2 years which also makes me doubt the fact that it will be updated soon.
I will give it a short while to see if it gets updated or not. If not, i am forced to request a refund on the app for it not getting the bug fixes it really needs. It's ok if the devs don;t want to update the main app anymore but then they should have made that very clear before people buy the app.

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Thu Aug 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Dakara wrote: Here is where is already goes wrong, i don't want to join any google groups in order to get the latest updates on an app that i paid for.
your last sentence only speaks of IF and MAYBE, which has the same chance as that it wont be updated and that all the bugs that are currently in it won't get fixed in the main app.
If people pay for an app in the play store they should be able to rely on updates and bug fixes in the main app, not the beta program. This hasnt been done in over 2 years which also makes me doubt the fact that it will be updated soon.
I will give it a short while to see if it gets updated or not. If not, i am forced to request a refund on the app for it not getting the bug fixes it really needs. It's ok if the devs don;t want to update the main app anymore but then they should have made that very clear before people buy the app.
I completely understand the fact that it is currently not receiving main updates and it can be quite frustrating. I know that there is some work behind the scenes on the emulator so something eventually will happen, when is to me unknown. Im just a random guy completely not involved in the app's development
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!

Dakara

Post by Dakara » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:39 pm

SSUPII wrote:
Dakara wrote: Here is where is already goes wrong, i don't want to join any google groups in order to get the latest updates on an app that i paid for.
I completely understand the fact that it is currently not receiving main updates and it can be quite frustrating. I know that there is some work behind the scenes on the emulator so something eventually will happen, when is to me unknown. Im just a random guy completely not involved in the app's development

Well i hope a dev or someone involved will read this and can clarify things on time frames / dates and such for the main app to be updated so there won't be any if's, maybe's and eventually's. If this won't happen in a decent time frame i set for myself, i am sad but forced to go for a refund. Don't get me wrong, i happy to pay for good apps but i expect them to be updated in decent time (once every few months for bug fixes, not over 2 years) frames or be notified beforehand that it wont be updated anymore (which didnt happen).