Shadows of Almia DLC?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ProXboxCraft
Shadows of Almia DLC?

Post by ProXboxCraft » Sun May 06, 2018 8:49 am

Hello,

I was wondering if there was a way to get the Pokemon Shadows of Almia DLC in my current save. I never got to play the DLC and wish to experience it. Come to think of it, I don't think I played most of the game before I got booted by my parents.

Platybus

Re: Shadows of Almia DLC?

Post by Platybus » Mon May 07, 2018 3:57 pm

Actually, you can play the additional missions in emulators. You have to find your .sav savegame of Shadows of Almia, transfer it to your PC, and edit it with a tool called "Pokémon Ranger Injector". Here's the page to download it: https://projectpokemon.org/home/files/f ... -injector/, and here are its instructions for use: https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-po ... ge.464113/.

I was able to succesfully patch all six Extra and Special missions into my European savefile :mrgreen:, but when I attempted to use it with Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, it didn't work. This was a long time ago, so perhaps they fixed this issue. I don't know if it works as well for the US version, but I think you should give it a go.

Cheers.

Kostas Gangstar

Re: Shadows of Almia DLC?

Post by Kostas Gangstar » Tue May 08, 2018 6:34 pm

I found about the pokemon ranger dlc missions a few days ago and when I began googling I found the above tool BUT it seems it ain't got 2 missions in either guardian signs or shadows of almia(don't remember mission names I think one is arceus related and the other giratina related)

So I began worrying that those 2 missions are extinct now but found that you can use a save file which has those missions downloaded!
The good thing is that you can start a new game without losing the missions, they seem to stay forever once downloaded so you can have your save with your own name and stuff!

Those save files can be found at gamefags for both 2 games (but you will need to convert the saves) or in the digiex website in the save files section (not sure if I can post the link here cause the website has some rom downloads)

As for the first ranger game to unlock the extra missions you just need to write a password incase you didn't knew.
Finding the pass is easy with a Google search.