Moving/Using Cheat Database to Similar Game

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Zooasaurus
Moving/Using Cheat Database to Similar Game

Post by Zooasaurus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 2:58 am

Hello

I'm a newbie and just purchased Drastic a few days earlier. So here's my question

There's a cheat database for Rune Factory 1 (dubbed one), however, i found the undubbed rom and discovered that it didn't have a cheat database. Since the only thing changed is the language, is it possible to apply the cheat database from the dubbed rom to the undubbed one?

Jay Haru

Re: Moving/Using Cheat Database to Similar Game

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:20 pm

Zooasaurus wrote:Hello

I'm a newbie and just purchased Drastic a few days earlier. So here's my question

There's a cheat database for Rune Factory 1 (dubbed one), however, i found the undubbed rom and discovered that it didn't have a cheat database. Since the only thing changed is the language, is it possible to apply the cheat database from the dubbed rom to the undubbed one?
Technically, it means you are using a Japanese rom which is different from the US dubbed one so unless the cheats for the japanese version exists, I do not think we can use the one for the dubbed version.
Behold my mighty

Zooasaurus

Post by Zooasaurus » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:22 pm

Jay Haru wrote:

Technically, it means you are using a Japanese rom which is different from the US dubbed one so unless the cheats for the japanese version exists, I do not think we can use the one for the dubbed version.
I tried using the codes for the dubbed rom and it worked too in the undubbed version. Though applyong and finding cheats manually is tiresome so i wonder if there's any way i can import cheats from the database

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:41 pm

Zooasaurus wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:

I tried using the codes for the dubbed rom and it worked too in the undubbed version. Though applyong and finding cheats manually is tiresome so i wonder if there's any way i can import cheats from the database
You can use R4CCE and add the game to the database manually, see here: http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?t=288

You should edit the "usrcheat.dat" in the drastic folder.