Verifying GBA rom is loaded?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
crossmr
Verifying GBA rom is loaded?

Post by crossmr » Fri Apr 06, 2018 11:55 am

Hello, Just bought drastic yesterday, so far it's working great and I really like it.

I'm playing a pokemon game that unlocks pokemon in certain areas if you have a GBA rom in the slot. I read up on putting the rom there named "slot2.gba" which I did and verified the case as I read it was case sensitive. The particular pokemon is listed as rare in this area even with the GBA rom there, is there anyway for me to verify that the game/emulator is indeed recognizing the presence of this rom before I go crazy trying to find it?

Platybus

Re: Verifying GBA rom is loaded?

Post by Platybus » Sat Apr 07, 2018 10:59 am

Hi! According to Bulbapedia, the requirements for it to work are:
The wild Pokémon that can appear this way are mostly not in the Sinnoh Pokédex in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. They are usually game-exclusive Pokémon to one of the Generation III games.

If the player has the ability to use Pal Park, the dongle method allows specific wild Pokémon to appear depending on the GBA game with an 8% chance (4% each if there are two different Pokémon that can appear this way due to the same game). If the player cannot use Pal Park, the dongle method has no effect.
In other words, you need to beat the Pokémon League, get the National Dex, and then gain acces to Pal Park. If you want to check wether DraStic recognises the GBA cartridge or not, then I'd say you should go to Pal Park and see if it lets you transfer any Pokémon from your GBA savefile.

crossmr

Post by crossmr » Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:01 am

Platybus wrote:Hi! According to Bulbapedia, the requirements for it to work are:
The wild Pokémon that can appear this way are mostly not in the Sinnoh Pokédex in Pokémon Diamond and Pearl. They are usually game-exclusive Pokémon to one of the Generation III games.

If the player has the ability to use Pal Park, the dongle method allows specific wild Pokémon to appear depending on the GBA game with an 8% chance (4% each if there are two different Pokémon that can appear this way due to the same game). If the player cannot use Pal Park, the dongle method has no effect.
In other words, you need to beat the Pokémon League, get the National Dex, and then gain acces to Pal Park. If you want to check wether DraStic recognises the GBA cartridge or not, then I'd say you should go to Pal Park and see if it lets you transfer any Pokémon from your GBA savefile.
Thanks, I'm kind of new to this. I had just noticed on the wiki that if the game was present another pokemon could be found there. Didn't realize it was more of an end game thing. once I get to pal park I'll check that out, thanks

Platybus

Post by Platybus » Sun Apr 08, 2018 8:09 am

I'm glad my answer was useful. Cheers. :D