$Path$ error when opening drastic

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
sabredufoil
$Path$ error when opening drastic

Post by sabredufoil » Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:52 am

Whenever I try to open drastic, it states " Drastic could not write to $path$. Please check the free space on the internal storage and make sure the directory has writing permission. Also try to reboot your device.

I have rebooted my device, updated google play, re-downloaded Drastic, etc. I cannot seem to get past this for whatever reason.

Please help

I love drastic enough to use it for all my ds emulation needs, and I really miss being able to use it on my android.

Thanks for any responses given :D

kaikun97

Re: $Path$ error when opening drastic

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:18 am

sabredufoil wrote:Whenever I try to open drastic, it states " Drastic could not write to $path$. Please check the free space on the internal storage and make sure the directory has writing permission. Also try to reboot your device.

I have rebooted my device, updated google play, re-downloaded Drastic, etc. I cannot seem to get past this for whatever reason.

Please help

I love drastic enough to use it for all my ds emulation needs, and I really miss being able to use it on my android.

Thanks for any responses given :D
Either you revoked the storage permissions by accident, check the app permissions or you moved the Drastic folder to the external sd card which doesn't work on Android 4.4 or higher due to different sdcard permissions which in this case the Drastic folder needs to be on your internal storage.

Otherwise you may not have enough free space left.

sabredufoil

Re: $Path$ error when opening drastic

Post by sabredufoil » Wed Mar 14, 2018 11:07 am

Oh, yeah, after doing some prying I figured it out. Apparently my tablet had another card in it that was taken out, but was improperly removed, so it was trying to write to a sd card that was no longer in the device.

So yeah, thanks for your assistance! I appreciate that you took the time out of your day to help me out :D