Using translated roms and database cheats

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
tiagao_extremo
Using translated roms and database cheats

Post by tiagao_extremo » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:14 am

Hi, i didn't found any relevant information using the search function, so i would like to ask a question. I've been using DraStic for quite some time and the cheat database is something that i'm using most of the time. I've been trying a few translated roms, and while they're working just fine the main problem is that looks like they lose their game id or something like this because when i try to open the cheat database none of them will show up, even though the original rom used has available cheat codes. Is it possible to reassign the game id in order to use cheat codes together with translated roms? Thanks.

kaikun97

Re: Using translated roms and database cheats

Post by kaikun97 » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:57 am

tiagao_extremo wrote:Hi, i didn't found any relevant information using the search function, so i would like to ask a question. I've been using DraStic for quite some time and the cheat database is something that i'm using most of the time. I've been trying a few translated roms, and while they're working just fine the main problem is that looks like they lose their game id or something like this because when i try to open the cheat database none of them will show up, even though the original rom used has available cheat codes. Is it possible to reassign the game id in order to use cheat codes together with translated roms? Thanks.
You can either use the Custom cheats option and use cheat codes from the internet or you can follow this guide
to add the cheats to the Drastic DS usrcheat.dat file (Located in the /drastic/ folder). You could also rename the Game ID of the existing cheats. http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=288

Bear in mind the cheats may not work correctly with translated ROMs because certain data that the cheats would modify in an untranslated ROM may be different.

tiagao_extremo

Post by tiagao_extremo » Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:28 pm

Hi kaikun97, thanks for your suggestion. It worked just fine. I edited the usrcheat.dat, created a new entry for the translated rom and just copy/paste the same codes for it, after setting the new value for the game id. Now the cheat codes are showing up for the translated roms. Let me ask you just another question, i just found out that at GBAtemp they have the usrcheat.dat updated. Would you know if these codes are compatible with DraStic?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:47 am

tiagao_extremo wrote:Hi kaikun97, thanks for your suggestion. It worked just fine. I edited the usrcheat.dat, created a new entry for the translated rom and just copy/paste the same codes for it, after setting the new value for the game id. Now the cheat codes are showing up for the translated roms. Let me ask you just another question, i just found out that at GBAtemp they have the usrcheat.dat updated. Would you know if these codes are compatible with DraStic?
Drastic is compatible with all usrcheat.dat files, just backup the existing file just in case.