Unable to launch Pokemon Black 2 after trying everything

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Bumkiss
Unable to launch Pokemon Black 2 after trying everything

Post by Bumkiss » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:31 pm

Fixed, do not use the usrcheat.dat from your R4 and use the one generated from drastic.

I'm trying to play Pokemon black 2, and I've done everything in the book and it still won't launch. When I try and load the .nds file drastic crashes to the homescreen.

I have tried both dumps with the same hash from http://datomatic.no-intro.org/?page=sho ... =28&n=6149

I have turned on auto rom trim, tried trimming the rom with NDSTokyoTrim, tried launching it directly from the shortcut on the home screen, toggling every option and combination of options in the video options, deleting my drastic folder on my internal memory, uninstalling/reinstalling drastic, and rebooting my phone.

I have paid for drastic and downloaded it from the Play Store. I tried the latest stable version and the current beta version, 2.5.0.4a.

Is there a regression in a current version that stopped it from working or something? I just spent a solid 5 hours trying to get this to work. All I want to do is import my save from my R4 so I can fast forward. Thanks.
Last edited by Bumkiss on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dsattorney

Re: Unable to launch Pokemon Black 2 after trying everything

Post by dsattorney » Sat Feb 03, 2018 6:27 pm

Maybe some cheat is the culpirit. Try going to the options and disable the cheats for all the games, then boot the problematic game and then disable all of the enabled cheats. Then close the game, and enable the cheats for all the games again.
OBJECTION!

Bumkiss

Re: Unable to launch Pokemon Black 2 after trying everything

Post by Bumkiss » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 pm

Thanks for the tip. I didn't think about it but I transferred over my usrcheat.dat from my R4 and that turned out to be the culprit. I deleted it and used the one generated from drastic and that fixed it.

I didn't have any cheats enabled but the cheat database was causing the crash.