Can I use cheats to restore my progress in Pokemon Platinum?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
cheesy5
Can I use cheats to restore my progress in Pokemon Platinum?

Post by cheesy5 » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:11 am

Alright so I've been playing pokemon platinum for months and I made it pretty far into the game. However, I accidentally deleted both the in-game save file as well as the save state file. The file wasn't backed up anywhere so there's no way I can recover my progress.

But I was thinking, is it possible to use cheats to "repeat" everything I did so that it will be almost as if nothing ever happened? For example, I want to recover the 6 pokemon I used to beat the pokemon league, and I want them all to be the same level they were before. I had all gym badges, I beat the pokemon league and I also had 2 silver symbols at the battle frontier.

So is it possible to use cheats to bring all of this back? I've grown pretty attached to my game tbh.

Platybus

Re: Can I use cheats to restore my progress in Pokemon Platinum?

Post by Platybus » Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:37 pm

cheesy5 wrote:Alright so I've been playing pokemon platinum for months and I made it pretty far into the game. However, I accidentally deleted both the in-game save file as well as the save state file. The file wasn't backed up anywhere so there's no way I can recover my progress.

But I was thinking, is it possible to use cheats to "repeat" everything I did so that it will be almost as if nothing ever happened? For example, I want to recover the 6 pokemon I used to beat the pokemon league, and I want them all to be the same level they were before. I had all gym badges, I beat the pokemon league and I also had 2 silver symbols at the battle frontier.

So is it possible to use cheats to bring all of this back? I've grown pretty attached to my game tbh.
Unfortunately, I don't think it's possible to replicate your exact savefile. Your best bet would be to use some Action Replay, like that one to 1 hit KO the foe's Pokémon or to gain huge ammount of experiencie. They'll help you to quickly progress through the adventure. I think you can't your way through the Battle Frontier, though. Good luck with the game, and don't forget to look for cheats for your game's region. ;)

dsattorney

Re: Can I use cheats to restore my progress in Pokemon Platinum?

Post by dsattorney » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:58 pm

PkHex is also an option.
OBJECTION!