Pokemon Soul Silver glitch/bug

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Kudara
Pokemon Soul Silver glitch/bug

Post by Kudara » Tue Dec 26, 2017 11:24 pm

If i enable the high resolution 3d rendering option the screen tears whenever i go in/exit a house, when i open/close to the bag or when a Pokemon Battle starts or ends. Is there a way to fix this? It looks so much better with that option enabled but the screen tearing is quite annoying

Exophase

Re: Pokemon Soul Silver glitch/bug

Post by Exophase » Wed Dec 27, 2017 6:48 am

This is happening because of frame skipping. What it means is that your device isn't fast enough to render every frame with high res on, and sometimes this causes extra graphical glitches like in this case.

You can turn off frame skipping altogether but it'll mean that you'll get slowdowns instead, including breaks in the sound.

I'm looking at options that would allow for more conservative frame skipping to prevent these issues while still providing some performance control, although I can't say whether or not this would be a good compromise solution for you.

Kudara

Post by Kudara » Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:58 pm

I turned off frameskip but this still happends

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:34 am

Whats the resolution of your device's screen?
My old smartphone had the same issue, very likely because the graphics chipset cannot support higher resulutions.
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

dsattorney

Post by dsattorney » Fri Dec 29, 2017 1:14 pm

Kudara wrote:If i enable the high resolution 3d rendering option the screen tears whenever i go in/exit a house, when i open/close to the bag or when a Pokemon Battle starts or ends. Is there a way to fix this? It looks so much better with that option enabled but the screen tearing is quite annoying
Just disable the High Resolution 3D Rendering.
OBJECTION!