Changing Name of Original Rom and lost access to save states

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Fairys
Changing Name of Original Rom and lost access to save states

Post by Fairys » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:43 am

A couple of days ago I purchased draStic for the first time. I had played with and tested other free emulators but never stuck as they wouldn't do everything I wanted to the level I wanted. Since I bought it I've ranked up a few hours on Pokemon Diamond.

After getting a few hours on the emulator I started to download a few more games. I then begin to tidy up the names of said Roms including Pokemon which had a 4 diget number at the start.

When going to play Pokemon again I couldn't carry on playing the save. I then went though all the draStic folders and removed the same numbers of both the .dss and the .dsv saves. It still didn't work. I then added the numbers back to all files trying to replicate how it was before I edit the name of the rom file name. But it still doesn't work.

If someone could help me with this I would be a great help and avoid me re-playing the same game getting to where I was.

Cheers Fairys :D

Nexus1999

Re: Changing Name of Original Rom and lost access to save states

Post by Nexus1999 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:07 pm

Try changing the name of the savestates. If that doesn't work, the autosavs feature may help to prevent this from happening again.