Some games' icons and information are misread

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Fayne Aldan
Some games' icons and information are misread

Post by Fayne Aldan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 12:53 am

As the title says. This is only happening on my new phone, the LG K20 PLUS. This did not happen on my old phone, and I checked the md5s to make sure the files were transferred correctly.

Screenshots:
Spoiler!
(BTW, the first screenshot is from Ace Attorney Investigations)

kaikun97

Re: Some games' icons and information are misread

Post by kaikun97 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 5:06 pm

They look corrupted, but its interesting since you explains that you compared the md5 checksums and they seem fine. Are these on internal or external storage? And do they still load and play?

And if it provides any comedic relief, the chinese writing on the first screenshot translates to some hilarious gibberish:

Code: Select all

Pan Han Han Qing stack Bo cleanse He '- Di Jian vinegar and its uniform Pan Yue Yue cool a stack of vinegar astringent uniform 1 bowl Lv astir with the two pan Sha Ming Han Zhi Cai Qinghe climbing area, find the Jackal Ke Shu astir

Fayne Aldan

Post by Fayne Aldan » Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:59 pm

kaikun97 wrote:They look corrupted, but its interesting since you explains that you compared the md5 checksums and they seem fine. Are these on internal or external storage? And do they still load and play?

And if it provides any comedic relief, the chinese writing on the first screenshot translates to some hilarious gibberish:

Pan Han Han Qing stack Bo cleanse He '- Di Jian vinegar and its uniform Pan Yue Yue cool a stack of vinegar astringent uniform 1 bowl Lv astir with the two pan Sha Ming Han Zhi Cai Qinghe climbing area, find the Jackal Ke Shu astir
They are on external storage and they do still play just fine. I also did some testing. I have all my ROMs in ZIP files so they take up less space. Then information was loaded correctly if I extracted them. It's especially strange, though, because, as I said, the information for these ROMs loaded correctly on my last phone. I also checked one of the ROMs on DAT-o-MATIC and it has the correct checksum.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon May 01, 2017 4:19 am

Fayne Aldan wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:They look corrupted, but its interesting since you explains that you compared the md5 checksums and they seem fine. Are these on internal or external storage? And do they still load and play?

They are on external storage and they do still play just fine. I also did some testing. I have all my ROMs in ZIP files so they take up less space. Then information was loaded correctly if I extracted them. It's especially strange, though, because, as I said, the information for these ROMs loaded correctly on my last phone. I also checked one of the ROMs on DAT-o-MATIC and it has the correct checksum.
Thats odd, I guess the zip files must have had some information corrupted. If they were transferred via MTP on a computer then thats a likely cause, other than that I don't know. Its best to have the ROMs unzipped anyway.

Fayne Aldan

Post by Fayne Aldan » Mon May 01, 2017 3:27 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
Fayne Aldan wrote:

Thats odd, I guess the zip files must have had some information corrupted. If they were transferred via MTP on a computer then thats a likely cause, other than that I don't know. Its best to have the ROMs unzipped anyway.
I did transfer then via MTP, but as I said: I verified the checksums. I even tried retransferring them. I only have the ROMs zipped because they take up way too much space uncompressed.

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Mon May 01, 2017 3:32 pm

You're gonna think I'm insane, but I trimmed my ROMs, zipped them, AND transferred them over MTP. I have no problems with them. So it's almost definitely not a problem with your ROMs, it's Drastic or Android OS itself.
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Tue May 02, 2017 4:47 am

Steak_Typhoon wrote:You're gonna think I'm insane, but I trimmed my ROMs, zipped them, AND transferred them over MTP. I have no problems with them. So it's almost definitely not a problem with your ROMs, it's Drastic or Android OS itself.
I will say though that MTP is a bad method of transferring files as it has a max filesize limit and is incredibly prone to corruption, I don't know why its still a standard.

Some better options are WiFi file transfer methods, there are apps that can do this such as ASUS Share Link which can be done between two phones or a phone and pc.

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Tue May 02, 2017 11:14 am

kaikun97 wrote:Some better options are WiFi file transfer methods
I usually use a USB OTG storage device to transfer files.
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sat May 06, 2017 3:28 pm

It might be due to a bad dump that has an incomplete or corrupt header but otherwise has all of the proper game content. I've heard about some old dumping tools producing dumps like this, although I don't know the specifics.