pokemon black freeze issue

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
warren24
pokemon black freeze issue

Post by warren24 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:04 am

Hey guys, I've been using drastic the last weeks, and it was great, being fast and all.
Heres my problem.
I am on 2.1.2 of Drastic, ATTGS4 with root.
I was playing Black, not 2 but 1,
And I saved via a savestate before I caught a legendary.
Problem is, I loaded back my save state, and itll freeze after I walk two steps, or any other certain amount of scripts (as far as I know, its not based on time)
I loaded all my other savestates, but no luck either.
I did observe that each save state allowed different amounts to different scripts.
Only solution was to restart the game with a fresh save file, which I do want avoid. (It told me that my in game save file was corrupt and had to reset )

So, any help would be great, any suggestions would great!!

ps. Are there any other ds emus that support ssv files??

Pps. Another observation, time on the c gear, time that shows up when you try to save, and the actual time all are different.
The date and time that shows up when you try to ingame save have question marks in them.

Huntereb

Re: pokemon black freeze issue

Post by Huntereb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:11 pm

You need to reset the emulator completely before loading saves more than once on Pokemon Black 1/2. Give it a try and let me know what occurs.

I also suggest updating, or if you're using a pirated version, buy the application.
Last edited by Huntereb on Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:37 pm

Huntereb wrote:You need to reset the emulator completely before loading saves more than once on Pokemon Black 1/2. Give t a try and let me know what occurs.

I also suggest updating, or if you're using a pirated version, buy the application.

Howdareme

Post by Howdareme » Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:38 pm

Howdareme wrote:
Huntereb wrote:You need to reset the emulator completely before loading saves more than once on Pokemon Black 1/2. Give t a try and let me know what occurs.

Yes, im pretty sure he's on the pirated version as he hasn't updated.. They're probably isn't even a solution if you're on the pirated version.

warren24

Post by warren24 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:18 pm

Howdareme wrote:
Howdareme wrote:

Yes, im pretty sure he's on the pirated version as he hasn't updated.. They're probably isn't even a solution if you're on the pirated version.

No thanks, the only reason I didnt update is becuase I heard that the save states arent completely compatible and I was worried I'd lose my progress. Thank you very much mate.

What do you mean completely reset? Should I clear data?

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 1:20 pm

warren24 wrote:What do you mean completely reset? Should I clear data?
Exit out of the application completely, meaning end the application's process.

warren24

Post by warren24 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:45 pm

Huntereb wrote:
warren24 wrote:What do you mean completely reset? Should I clear data?
Exit out of the application completely, meaning end the application's process.
:( I had no luck
I did update like you guys told me, it told me that the save files are incompatible due to a different bios file.
Think I should just give up now...

Huntereb

Post by Huntereb » Mon Aug 26, 2013 4:24 pm

warren24 wrote::( I had no luck
I did update like you guys told me, it told me that the save files are incompatible due to a different bios file.
Think I should just give up now...
Just use the original NDS Bios files then, there's a guide on how to install them somewhere in this same forum, just use the search feature.

I'm not sure what's wrong then, I was able to get save states working using this method.

dnyce13

Post by dnyce13 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:10 pm

The guy above me is correct. I had the same problem when I started an ingame save/load save state on NDS Bios before the updates came. The emulator should still use the NDS Bios file regardless if the Drastic one comes pre-installed already. Did you accidentally erase the NDS Bios files thinking the Drastic Bios file would load them right up? I actually solved my own problem when I erased the NDS Bios file without knowing they weren't going to be compatible. But then I retrieved the NDS Bios files that I had before and everything loaded up just fine and I'm still currently using the NDS Bios files. Hope this helps you out.