Yeah, so I'm one of THOSE freaks...

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
El_zo1212o
Yeah, so I'm one of THOSE freaks...

Post by El_zo1212o » Tue Apr 18, 2017 2:22 am

I'm that weirdo that holds up the gaming parties becauseI invert my vertical look. I always have.

I just bought the emulator from the play store and wad pumped that you have a way to map the right stick to look on 1st and 3rd person shooters, but I can't seem to find any way to invert the vertical look. Is it possible? And if not, can you make it so?

Thanks for your attention.

ericbazinga

Re: Yeah, so I'm one of THOSE freaks...

Post by ericbazinga » Tue Apr 18, 2017 8:48 am

El_zo1212o wrote:I'm that weirdo that holds up the gaming parties becauseI invert my vertical look. I always have.

I just bought the emulator from the play store and wad pumped that you have a way to map the right stick to look on 1st and 3rd person shooters, but I can't seem to find any way to invert the vertical look. Is it possible? And if not, can you make it so?

Thanks for your attention.
If it makes you feel any better, I invert the vertical look too. Especially when playing Halo.

The DS doesn't have any joysticks, only sporting a D-pad. Therefore, there is no right stick. I'd assume that the touchscreen is the vertical look, in which case there is no emulator configuration for that. That's something you'd have to configure within the game.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:07 am

ericbazinga wrote: The DS doesn't have any joysticks, only sporting a D-pad. Therefore, there is no right stick. I'd assume that the touchscreen is the vertical look, in which case there is no emulator configuration for that. That's something you'd have to configure within the game.
El_zo1212o was talking about the FPS mode under [Game Menu -> Options -> External Controller -> Right Stick Mode]
FPS Mode: use the right stick of your controller just like you would on a console FPS
Stick mode: Use for games like Super Mario 64 DS, or Ford Racing
Pointer mode: Use for Professor Layton and other point-and-click games.

I use the FPS mode while playing Metroid Prime Hunters and Goldeneye Rogue Agent. When it works, it works well.
I agree with El_zo1212o, there should be an option to invert the right stick, even if I wouldn't use the option.
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:32 am

The best way currently to invert the right stick would be to use the LUA functionality that is built into Drastic to create a custom right stick mode. Unfortunately, I think it was lordus who put LUA into drastic and he would probably know how to do it best... but he is also the one we miss right now too.

Edit:
I did a little research into lua in DraStic. (by research I mean I read Lordus's post about the functions added and looked at Xperia's pastbin)

So to create inverted right analog controls in lua you need a few things
1. a way to get the right stick's input -- easy Lordus android.get_axis_rx() and android.get_axis_ry()
2. a way to map analog sticks to the touch pad -- Xperia did the work on that one look at his pastebin for an example
3. a way to flip the Y axis -- should be possible (Part I am not sure of for why see point 4)
4. someone who knows lua -- I don't know lua.... I might (important the might) look into learning it, but honestly this is probably something that someone with experience in lua would be able to do a lot faster then waiting on me to learn enough lua to modify Xperia's code

After looking at Xperia's code I would recommend asking very politely for Xperia to modify the code for you. Or failing that someone else on the board that knows enough lua.

Fefo

Post by Fefo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 9:27 am

Should be easy enough after a Lua tutorial, the language developers even did it in english. If nobody does it I'll try when I have time.

To invert the pad you just need something like "when UP=1, DOWN=1", maybe negating the real input so both directions aren't pressed. Analog seems to be a position value, and a "max value in Y minus current value in Y" might be enough.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Steak_Typhoon

Post by Steak_Typhoon » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:05 am

TkSilver wrote:The best way currently to invert the right stick would be to use the LUA functionality...
I learned lua a while ago, what is this pastebin you mentioned?
Steak Typhoon: The most delicious natural disaster.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:20 am

http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=3269 - or you can find the topic under general it is called lua and it is pinned. Xperia's post is about halfway down.

If you are able to modify it and if it helps be sure to give Xperia your thanks.

Probably, Fefo it just is not a programming I have even looked at before around midnight last night. It might be as simple as a 0-[the input of the right Y axis] = [inverted axis variable]..... but I have not looked in to what you would use to do that or even the proper syntax and formatting lua uses really Xperia's code is the only lua example I have seen.