Drastic Saves to DeSumE?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
WeeabooZoe
Drastic Saves to DeSumE?

Post by WeeabooZoe » Sun Apr 16, 2017 3:19 pm

Probably an over the top stupid question but I recently got an Laptop last Christmas and I was wondering if there was any way to make Drastic saves compatible with the DeSumE emulator for Windows? I've already looked around for a Drastic emulator for windows, but I'm sad to see there is none.
The only other thing I can think to do is use an android emulator on my windows computer then install Drastic on said emulator.
But an emulator on an emulator? Kinda funny and confusing if you ask me lmao.

Thanks in advance. :)
Phone model: LG Stylo3 (Built-In Stylus, Yay!)
Android Version: 7.0
DraStic Version: r2.5.1.1a(beta)
Powerlevel: Over 9000!

"No one can save the human race; yet..
We were late to see it's really not a race."
- Clean Freak(Hatsune Miku)

kaikun97

Re: Drastic Saves to DeSumE?

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:16 am

Drastic DS and Desmume save files should be cross compatible with each other from what I remember, they are both .dsv files.

WeeabooZoe

Post by WeeabooZoe » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:53 am

kaikun97 wrote:Drastic DS and Desmume save files should be cross compatible with each other from what I remember, they are both .dsv files.
DeSume's savestates are .dst files.
DraStic's savestates are .dss files

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:09 pm

WeeabooZoe wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:Drastic DS and Desmume save files should be cross compatible with each other from what I remember, they are both .dsv files.
The OP was talking about saves so presumably in-game saves and not savestates which are supposed to be the same format on both emulators.

Savestates are totally different and not compatible with other emulators.
Last edited by kaikun97 on Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WeeabooZoe

Post by WeeabooZoe » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:13 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
WeeabooZoe wrote:
The OP was talking about saves so presumably in-game saves and not savestates which are supposed to be the same format on both emulators if I remember what Exophase said (.dsv files).

Well I've been trying to set up either or for awhile but I keep getting stuck. How do I even get DeSume to recognize the In-Game saves I copied from Drastic?

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:14 pm

WeeabooZoe wrote:
kaikun97 wrote:
WeeabooZoe wrote:
The OP was talking about saves so presumably in-game saves and not savestates which are supposed to be the same format on both emulators if I remember what Exophase said (.dsv files).

Well I've been trying to set up either or for awhile but I keep getting stuck. How do I even get DeSume to recognize the In-Game saves I copied from Drastic?
The in-game saves are supposed to be .dsv files in the backup folder in the Drastic folder, they are supposed to just work with Desmume as normal save files and not savestates. You load them in the game itself as if you were on the actual console itself. If it doesnt work then you made a savestate and not an in-game save

To load them into Desmume it should be File -> Import backup memory and then select your .dsv file

WeeabooZoe

Post by WeeabooZoe » Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:59 pm

kaikun97 wrote:
WeeabooZoe wrote:
kaikun97 wrote: The OP was talking about saves so presumably in-game saves and not savestates which are supposed to be the same format on both emulators if I remember what Exophase said (.dsv files).

The in-game saves are supposed to be .dsv files in the backup folder in the Drastic folder, they are supposed to just work with Desmume as normal save files and not savestates. You load them in the game itself as if you were on the actual console itself. If it doesnt work then you made a savestate and not an in-game save

To load them into Desmume it should be File -> Import backup memory and then select your .dsv file
I figured it out. I had to change the .dst files to .sav files, then import the save from inside DeSume. Thank you for attempting to help me though!