Mario Hoops 3-on-3 HR 3D Rendering Crash

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Eizak
Mario Hoops 3-on-3 HR 3D Rendering Crash

Post by Eizak » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:00 am

I have the full paid version of Drastic on Android and I am using a Moto X 2014 (2gb of ram, Snapdragon 801, and Adreno 330)

My phone is able to run pretty much every single game I have tried on the emulator with every graphical enhancement turned on at full speed. I can't recall every running into any crashes while doing this, including in other 3D games. When I first got Mario Hoops 3 on 3 the game would crash (put me back in the Drastic main menu) as soon as I loaded into any map. After some quick troubleshooting, I found that this issue was caused exclusively by the "High-Resolution 3D Rendering" option. The game runs at 100% speed after playing for extended periods of time without any issues. The strange part of the issue is that once I am in a game I am able to turn HR 3D rendering on and as long as I do not input any controls into the game it is able to run through an entire match ran at 200% speed. If I try to play with HR 3D rendering on I am only able to do so for a short time before it crashes and puts me back in the main menu. All of this happens independent of any other setting in Drastic (including Multi-Threaded 3D rendering) and I would love to find a solution as the game looks stunning with HR 3D rendering turned on.

Debug - Info :
MemOffset : 00000000
MemModifier : 0110
Threads : 3
Mode : ARMv7 NEON
Sample Rate : 48000
Buffer Size : 1920

(My post was rejected last time because apparently it contained illegal content?)

SSUPII

Re: Mario Hoops 3-on-3 HR 3D Rendering Crash

Post by SSUPII » Sun May 07, 2017 7:31 pm

Up. I have the same problem
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage

talos91

Post by talos91 » Wed May 24, 2017 7:10 pm

Yeah this is a known bug, I use the shader SABR 3.0 x1 optimized to make this game look great. Sadly it appears drastic for android will never get updated again because of what happened with lordus.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed May 24, 2017 11:39 pm

Could I get some more specific reproduction instructions (with save game if necessary) please?

Eizak

Post by Eizak » Thu May 25, 2017 12:01 am

Exophase wrote:Could I get some more specific reproduction instructions (with save game if necessary) please?
The full crash report file along with screenshots were in an original post on this bug, and it was rejected on the grounds that it somehow contained links to illegal content. I sent one or two emails to your support email containing these files and more information.

Regardless, should I post the crash report as a reply in this thread along with a savegame or should I pm links to you?

The requirements to trigger the crash (at least in my testing which included testing on a different android device) requires ONLY that you have High Resolution 3d rendering enabled. No combination of other settings was able to affect the test as far as I could tell. The crash will occur within a minute (at most) of being in an exhibition match. Sometimes it happens in the intro to the stage where the camera pans around the map. Starting a game with HR 3d rendering off and then turning it on at any point will crash the game shortly after. The same applies to a savestate taken during the middle of a match, and the game will crash shortly after starting though this seemed to yield the longest playtime before crashing. I was also unable to find any consistency in the in-game events that happened which may have caused the crash. I checked if it possibly had something to do with dribbling on an item block, dunking, passing, or using a special shot, and I was able to do each of these successfully individually on separate occasions without a crash occurring.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:26 am

I've tracked down the problem. When we're ready to start posting the new alphas and betas the fix for this should be included.

Eizak

Post by Eizak » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:39 am

Exophase wrote:I've tracked down the problem. When we're ready to start posting the new alphas and betas the fix for this should be included.
Read your post about the future of drastic, sounds like a pretty unfortunate situation with Lordus. Regarding the Alpha/Beta Apks, assuming you are referring to the Google play beta tester program when you talk about the Beta Apk, where will the Alpha be available to test? Will it also go out to those signed up for the beta on Google play or do you already have a group of designated beta testers? Glad to see the ball rolling again.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jun 18, 2017 6:42 am

Eizak wrote:Read your post about the future of drastic, sounds like a pretty unfortunate situation with Lordus. Regarding the Alpha/Beta Apks, assuming you are referring to the Google play beta tester program when you talk about the Beta Apk, where will the Alpha be available to test? Will it also go out to those signed up for the beta on Google play or do you already have a group of designated beta testers? Glad to see the ball rolling again.
Google Play has an alpha option, although I don't currently know the details involved. If necessary we can just upload the APKs somewhere else, then they can be sideloaded.

MegaDeox

Post by MegaDeox » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:29 am

Just ran into this too. What do you guys suggest doing?

SSUPII

Post by SSUPII » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:41 am

MegaDeox wrote:Just ran into this too. What do you guys suggest doing?
A beta update fixed this issue.
Enter in the beta program at
http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=828
TETRIS FRIENDS IS DEAD
Spoiler!
Here is a good boy!
ImageImage
Spoiler!
Another good boy!ImageImage