DraStic Glitch Repository

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Exophase
Re: DraStic Glitch Repository

Post by Exophase » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:13 am

Topken wrote:DraStic Version:r2.3.0.2a build 66
Game: Soma Bringer
Glitch description and how to replicate: Videos+Main menu flicker badly and using the Keep Main Screen on Top option is very bad with this game.
Copy of savestate or ingame save: Not really needed since it happens before you get in game.
This isn't a bug.

DS has two 2D engines. It can switch which engine shows on which screen. The purpose of this option is to override the DS's settings so that the main engine is always on the top screen. Which will cause games that rapidly switch which engine is on which screen to flicker badly like this. So it's working like it's supposed to.

The reason for this option is there are games where you move the player between both screens but rarely are interested in the other screen. This option will usually cause one screen to follow the player, which is less distracting. But there's no reason to use it other than that.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Jul 23, 2015 1:14 am

zan wrote:DraStic Version: r2.3.0.2a
Game: Ultimate mortal kombat
Glitch description and how to replicate: subzero fatalities crash the app
Copy of savestate or ingame save:
Do you have a savestate?

janbru

Post by janbru » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:00 am

Game: Advance Wars: Dual Strike + Advance Wars: Days of Ruin
DraStic Version: r2.3.0.2a
Android Version: Lollipop

Glitch: Some kind of transparency layer is shown as red. This is not how it's supposed to be. It hinders the gameplay because you cannot see the tiles underneath the overlay as well as in the working version. Roads, for instance, are not visible at all.

Screenshot with app:

Screenshot on Computer with DeSmeME:

Savestate:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fdniiqzv5agso ... 8.dss?dl=1

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:16 pm

janbru wrote:Game: Advance Wars: Dual Strike + Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Glitch: Some kind of transparency layer is shown as red. This is not how it's supposed to be. It hinders the gameplay because you cannot see the tiles underneath the overlay as well as in the working version. Roads, for instance, are not visible at all.

Screenshot with app:

Savestate:
It looks like a bug in toon highlight shading where it doesn't work like I expected it to. Fix is in the update (2.4.0.0a) I just submitted for production.

janbru

Post by janbru » Fri Jul 24, 2015 10:25 am

Exophase wrote:
janbru wrote:Game: Advance Wars: Dual Strike + Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

Screenshot with app:

Savestate:
It looks like a bug in toon highlight shading where it doesn't work like I expected it to. Fix is in the update (2.4.0.0a) I just submitted for production.
It is fixed! Great work!

Topken

Post by Topken » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:28 am

Exophase wrote:
Topken wrote:DraStic Version:r2.3.0.2a build 66
Game: Soma Bringer
Glitch description and how to replicate: Videos+Main menu flicker badly and using the Keep Main Screen on Top option is very bad with this game.
Copy of savestate or ingame save: Not really needed since it happens before you get in game.
This isn't a bug.

DS has two 2D engines. It can switch which engine shows on which screen. The purpose of this option is to override the DS's settings so that the main engine is always on the top screen. Which will cause games that rapidly switch which engine is on which screen to flicker badly like this. So it's working like it's supposed to.

The reason for this option is there are games where you move the player between both screens but rarely are interested in the other screen. This option will usually cause one screen to follow the player, which is less distracting. But there's no reason to use it other than that.
It may not have been clear from my post but the flickering happens even when the Keep Main Screen on top is disabled. Aka it makes playing normally rather annoying with the constant flickering. All I was saying was that Keep Main Screen on Top just shows the issue rather clearly and the issue happens constantly without the option enabled. So don't tell me the flickering with the option disabled is normal as it does not happen that way on a normal NDS with a normal cart. The flickering issue needs to be looked into and toned way down or completely fixed if possible. Aka the flickering that happens with Keep Main Screen on Top DISABLED.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:13 am

Topken wrote: It may not have been clear from my post but the flickering happens even when the Keep Main Screen on top is disabled. Aka it makes playing normally rather annoying with the constant flickering. All I was saying was that Keep Main Screen on Top just shows the issue rather clearly and the issue happens constantly without the option enabled. So don't tell me the flickering with the option disabled is normal as it does not happen that way on a normal NDS with a normal cart. The flickering issue needs to be looked into and toned way down or completely fixed if possible. Aka the flickering that happens with Keep Main Screen on Top DISABLED.
So I tried multi threaded on/off, 3d hi rez on/off, keep screen on top on/off, and all combinations in between. Good news is if there is a bug it does not exist in 2.4.0 since the screen only flickers for me when keep main screen option is selected. The multi threaded flips the 2 screen where the top is bottom and bottom is top(but this option has issues). And the 3d hi rez runs at least the begining wonderfully with less of a performance hit then some games and improves the visuals a lot in return.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Jul 26, 2015 2:46 am

Flicker can also happen sometimes from frameskip. You can try disabling frameskip and see if it goes away. In this case some form of manual frameskip may work w/o flicker.

Topken

Post by Topken » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:35 pm

I play with Main Screen on top DISABLED. I only mentioned it because it makes the issue very noticeable and really shows the issue at its worse. Ok lets see what happens when I change Frameskip from auto to none. Title Screen is still flickering with BOTH Frameskip set to NONE and Keep Main Screen on Top DISABLED. Flicker is still there with Soma Bringer. AKA the both screens will flicker over the each other every now and then. I might be able to snag a video of this if need be. This is with both options set to None and off

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:40 pm

Is hires 3D on? If so, does it happen with it off?