Compatible processors

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Boss7264
Compatible processors

Post by Boss7264 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 12:23 am

I've used Drastic on my phone before with it working, but now it doesn't work. I went to a topic with compatible processors, and mine had something similar to one but I wasnt sure. Is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 processors compatible with Drastic?

huckleberrypie

Re: Compatible processors

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:55 am

Drastic should work on any ARMv7 processor, preferably a quad-core or better. Even a potato phone on an MT6572 can run at least some titles half-decently from what I can attest.

beansta

Post by beansta » Wed Mar 22, 2017 5:02 am

Even old single core phones like the xperia play can run Drastic, with some compromises of course.

Drastic needs at least a decently clocked dual core to run sufficiently well (my brother uses a galaxy tab 2 10.0 clocked at 1.45ghz, and drastic works fine)
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:37 am

beansta wrote:Even old single core phones like the xperia play can run Drastic, with some compromises of course.

Drastic needs at least a decently clocked dual core to run sufficiently well (my brother uses a galaxy tab 2 10.0 clocked at 1.45ghz, and drastic works fine)
Which makes me wonder if Drastic would run at all on an Allwinner A13.

beansta

Post by beansta » Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:52 am

huckleberrypie wrote:
beansta wrote:Even old single core phones like the xperia play can run Drastic, with some compromises of course.

Im not so sure. I used to actually have one of those. Biggest load of shit ive ever used. And ive been stuck with an old Xperia X10 mini (2010 phone) as a main phone before.
If i remember rightly, the A13 has a 1.3ghz quad core SoC which you would think would be enough for most things. However I could get that thing to BARELY run an N64 emulator.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

huckleberrypie

Post by huckleberrypie » Wed Mar 22, 2017 9:37 am

beansta wrote:
huckleberrypie wrote:

Im not so sure. I used to actually have one of those. Biggest load of shit ive ever used. And ive been stuck with an old Xperia X10 mini (2010 phone) as a main phone before.
If i remember rightly, the A13 has a 1.3ghz quad core SoC which you would think would be enough for most things. However I could get that thing to BARELY run an N64 emulator.
The A13's single core fyi. It's the later A31(s) that came with a quad-core setup, and it's more or less capable of emulating things sans issues.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Mar 22, 2017 4:30 pm

Boss7264 wrote:I've used Drastic on my phone before with it working, but now it doesn't work. I went to a topic with compatible processors, and mine had something similar to one but I wasnt sure. Is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 processors compatible with Drastic?
Are you saying that it worked on the same phone earlier and now doesn't? If so that sounds like a software/configuration/OS problem, or maybe something happened with the ROM you're loading. Is it a ROM you were able to run before?

Boss7264

Post by Boss7264 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:02 pm

Exophase wrote:
Boss7264 wrote:I've used Drastic on my phone before with it working, but now it doesn't work. I went to a topic with compatible processors, and mine had something similar to one but I wasnt sure. Is a Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53 processors compatible with Drastic?
Are you saying that it worked on the same phone earlier and now doesn't? If so that sounds like a software/configuration/OS problem, or maybe something happened with the ROM you're loading. Is it a ROM you were able to run before?
Yes, it had worked before. It's not a ROM I'm having trouble with, its the app itself. Pressing the load new game button in the menu causes it to crash. I've already gone through all my files and deleted anything that could interfere, with the same outcome. Is my phone not able to load it?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Wed Mar 22, 2017 6:38 pm

Boss7264 wrote:Yes, it had worked before. It's not a ROM I'm having trouble with, its the app itself. Pressing the load new game button in the menu causes it to crash. I've already gone through all my files and deleted anything that could interfere, with the same outcome. Is my phone not able to load it?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DraStic? If that doesn't help it could be that some other program is interfering with it.

Boss7264

Post by Boss7264 » Wed Mar 22, 2017 7:09 pm

Exophase wrote:
Boss7264 wrote:Yes, it had worked before. It's not a ROM I'm having trouble with, its the app itself. Pressing the load new game button in the menu causes it to crash. I've already gone through all my files and deleted anything that could interfere, with the same outcome. Is my phone not able to load it?
Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling DraStic? If that doesn't help it could be that some other program is interfering with it.
I've done it unnecessarily so many times, usually after I delete a bunch of files. Most of my apps I had when DraStic worked, but I'm never sure. I might just wipe my phone data, as right now it seems to be my best bet