Getting the Xbox One controller to work.

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
gamerguy2002
Getting the Xbox One controller to work.

Post by gamerguy2002 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:02 am

I'm aware that a new "S" model controller was released sometime back that has bluetooth functionality, but what I'm talking about is just getting a regular XB1 controller mapped to this emulator. is their some sort of special app or method that I need in order for it to work?

This is what I mainly use for gaming, its not the best but the emulator runs smooth and I had no issues until the keyboard started crapping out.

Thanks for the help.

Jay Haru

Re: Getting the Xbox One controller to work.

Post by Jay Haru » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:31 am

i remember there was an old thread here that made use of 2 apps. one was to make the device recognize the device and the other to make the gamepad button emulate keypad presses and i had used it (although i think i used it for a usb controller and not bt)

but I cant really find it...
Behold my mighty

beansta

Post by beansta » Wed Mar 08, 2017 6:23 am

The xbox one S (or standard) controller doesnt work on android.

Unless im wrong and someone has created a keypad lib for it, it will pair but do nothing.
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

gamerguy2002

Post by gamerguy2002 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:41 pm

Jay Haru wrote:i remember there was an old thread here that made use of 2 apps. one was to make the device recognize the device and the other to make the gamepad button emulate keypad presses and i had used it (although i think i used it for a usb controller and not bt)

but I cant really find it...
When you can find it please reply back, thanks!
beansta wrote:The xbox one S (or standard) controller doesnt work on android.

Unless im wrong and someone has created a keypad lib for it, it will pair but do nothing.
Well thats a shame, I thought with bluetooth functionality it would be easier to use the XB1 controller as a normal gamepad.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:03 am

found the app or at least what the name is... mind you i used a xbox 360 anf not the xboner

USB/BT Joystick Center

the other is

USB host controller.

so yeah, i used a wired controller. but that was a time when i was not gifted a bt one and the cost for one here was extravagantly pricey (still is, them pricks)
Behold my mighty

KrabbyOMondays

Post by KrabbyOMondays » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:03 am

Jay Haru wrote:found the app or at least what the name is... mind you i used a xbox 360 anf not the xboner

USB/BT Joystick Center

the other is

USB host controller.

so yeah, i used a wired controller. but that was a time when i was not gifted a bt one and the cost for one here was extravagantly pricey (still is, them pricks)
Do you know if this would work with an Xbox 360 controller? I've got both a wired and wireless one and an OTG USB.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Sat Mar 11, 2017 12:19 am

i had personally used it so yes i can vouch for it although my android version is 4.2.2
Behold my mighty

KrabbyOMondays

Post by KrabbyOMondays » Sun Mar 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Jay Haru wrote:i had personally used it so yes i can vouch for it although my android version is 4.2.2

Are you rooted by chance?

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:10 am

KrabbyOMondays wrote:
Jay Haru wrote:i had personally used it so yes i can vouch for it although my android version is 4.2.2

Are you rooted by chance?
no...

my android devices are though ;)
Behold my mighty

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Mar 13, 2017 4:28 am

To make this more clear I am going to refer to all android devices (phones/tablets/set top boxes) as android phones since it will keep things a little less confusing when talking about USB devices (controllers/flashdrives/others).

As far as controllers and android are concerned it is very very much a android phone specific thing. USB-OTG (USB on the go/ what allows android phones to read certain USB devices) is already something that not all android phones support. Of the ones that support USB-OTG some only support mass storage (flashdrives and to a less extent memory card readers). If you are lucky and your android phone 1. Has USB-OTG (at all) 2. Supports controller devices, then you still need it to understand how that specific controller sends signals (basically driver support)

For bluetooth it is the same thing minus the wire. Bluetooth is slightly nicer due to 1. Most android phones supporting it at a high enough level for controllers (generally 3.0 or higher) 2. Lots of android phones having general controller drivers for bluethooth under their human inpud device drivers. But that is where the niceness ends and the major issue begins. Proprietary console Bluetooth controllers (XB1, PS3/4, Wii, etc.) do not generally send universal generic bluetooth inputs. This is why you do not usualy see bluetooth generic controllers (unless they have a wired adapter too), or see ps3/4 controlers work on xbox 1 (without a USB device to translate the signal to the system wired).

To get a proprietary controller to work on android you either need to be really lucky (some android phones just work... very rare) or you have to be lucky (that the wireless chipset the phone uses can even recognize the controller) and be able to modify android system files (root access).

Or you just buy a generic bluetooth controller (like an ipega or a moga or some of the others) the more generic the better oddly enough.