Moving to Pretendo

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
sg709
Moving to Pretendo

Post by sg709 » Sun Feb 12, 2017 10:20 am

Hello I'm new to this forum so if I sound noobish I sincerely apologize. I also apologize if this topic relates more to Pretendo than Drastic.

I have been playing Pokemon Black 2 with DraStic for a few hours, beat the game, wanting to continue post-game challenges. I wanted to move my game progress to Pretendo because some cheats are not available from its original cheat list. When using and loading the same game from the same location, which I keep in my SD card, the progress is not there. But when I return to DraStic, my progress is still intact. I was wondering how to transfer my progress to the Pretendo emulator.

I am using a Sony Xperia XA, running on Android Marshmallow 6.0, not rooted.

Help would be appreciated.

Jay Haru

Re: Moving to Pretendo

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:46 am

the states may not be compatible but you may have a chance using ingame saves. although you may need to check what pretendo uses or recognizes.
Behold my mighty

sg709

Post by sg709 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:12 am

Jay Haru wrote:the states may not be compatible but you may have a chance using ingame saves. although you may need to check what pretendo uses or recognizes.
Yes I always use in game saves but I dont know how to load it to Pretendo. There's just a new game option when I load the ROM.

Is there a way to extract the game's dsv files in order to load them to Pretendo?

EDIT: Okay now I've located the dsv file of the game. Now I have two more questions:

1. Is it normal for a dsv file to have 0 bytes of data?

2. Pretendo apparently doesn't support dsv files. Is it possible to convert it to a working nds or zip file?

beansta

Post by beansta » Mon Feb 13, 2017 5:29 am

Or. You could manually add the cheats yourself if they exist?
Devices running Android:

- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 (CM12.1, overclocked, undervolted)
- Asus Nexus 7 2013 (Stock Marshmallow...to play Pokemon GO on...)
- Tenfifteen QW09 SmartWatch (Kitkat)
- Fujitsu Lifebook T4410 Touchscreen Laptop (Remix OS 3.0)

sg709

Post by sg709 » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:07 am

beansta wrote:Or. You could manually add the cheats yourself if they exist?
Yeah I would have done that if the cheats existed. The cheat I need is an action replay code not in the default list of cheats. I also deliberately avoided using R4CCE.

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Mon Feb 13, 2017 4:22 pm

.dsv is just the extension (the name). Drastic uses a raw format save that does work with DeSuME if you just change the .dsv to .sav.

So you could always try renaming the extension to whatever pretendo uses and see if it works.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:10 pm

sg709 wrote:
beansta wrote:Or. You could manually add the cheats yourself if they exist?
Yeah I would have done that if the cheats existed. The cheat I need is an action replay code not in the default list of cheats. I also deliberately avoided using R4CCE.
Drastic has a Custom Cheats menu option that is literally right below the Cheat database menu, just use that. You can see how here http://imgur.com/a/JOgA6

Also Pretendo is based off nds4droid and is quite slow, especially for running Pokemon games so you may want to continue using Drastic DS