Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Nature Modifier Not Working

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
SirCupcake
Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Nature Modifier Not Working

Post by SirCupcake » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:56 pm

I had set my nature modifier to Rash, with the intention of catching one of the other Starters and then turning the nature modifier off. However, it seems as I messed up somewhere, so now every Pokémon I encounter has the Rash nature, and I have no clue how to turn it off. Can anybody help me?

Exophase

Re: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Nature Modifier Not Working

Post by Exophase » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:23 pm

From the FAQ:
Q: Why do cheats still happen after I've disabled them? Is this a bug?
A: Cheats work by modifying the game as it's running. If you a disable a cheat it'll stop being executed, but for many cheats whatever it did to modify the game will already be in effect. It's impossible for the emulator to reverse this, such a thing goes against the basics of how the cheats work (note that the cheats come from Action Replay codes, not something we invented). The best thing to do is to make a save in-game and reset with the cheats disabled, that should remove the cheat so long as it didn't affect something that's part of a save. Doing this with a savestate won't work, it has to be an in-game save.

SirCupcake

Re: Pokémon Diamond/Pearl Nature Modifier Not Working

Post by SirCupcake » Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:07 pm

Exophase wrote:From the FAQ:
Q: Why do cheats still happen after I've disabled them? Is this a bug?
A: Cheats work by modifying the game as it's running. If you a disable a cheat it'll stop being executed, but for many cheats whatever it did to modify the game will already be in effect. It's impossible for the emulator to reverse this, such a thing goes against the basics of how the cheats work (note that the cheats come from Action Replay codes, not something we invented). The best thing to do is to make a save in-game and reset with the cheats disabled, that should remove the cheat so long as it didn't affect something that's part of a save. Doing this with a savestate won't work, it has to be an in-game save.
Wow, okay, that sucks.
Thank you very much, though, this is extremely helpful.