New phones, how do I move saves? Also Google drive issues

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Kiffen
New phones, how do I move saves? Also Google drive issues

Post by Kiffen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 1:42 pm

I recently switched phones from the Note 3 to the Note 7 and uploading and downloading saved states through Google drive has always worked flawlessly, until I switched phones again to my new Google Pixel. The manage saves page with the Google drive feature automatically gives me this message "Google Play Services has Stopped, Close App, Send Feedback". I have tried many things such as restarting phone as well as clearing cache and data from both Play Services and Drastic. Both apps are updated to their latest versions. I've contacted Google directly and am still waiting for an answer. I'd like to return my potentially hazardous Note 7 asap but this this is one issue that I'm facing that's preventing me from wanting to do so. If anyone could help I'd greatly appreciate it. I don't need to use Google Drive if it just straight up is beyond anyone's knowledge to fix the issue and if there's a way to move the save state manually but I need help figuring it out. I tried moving it a few times but the game doesn't recognize files outside of the correct directory, which unfortunately I can't see because this phone only shows me the download folder when managing individual files. I'm worried I'll have to root it or something but I'm not familiar with that or egar to do it so if there's a way to do it manually without doing anything complicated I'd much perfer it.

Fefo

Re: New phones, how do I move saves? Also Google drive issues

Post by Fefo » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:19 pm

Plug your phone on a PC or use a proper file manager app (several options; if in doubt I suggest Amaze). Copy the folder DraStic from the internal memory, paste it on your new phone or other temporary place and done.

Battery saves are stored in DraStic/backup and savestates in DraStic/savestates.
BE ATTITUDE FOR ENGRISH

Kiffen

Post by Kiffen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 8:55 pm

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, I still need some help :( I tried to paste the save on to the new phone's save location and when I ran Drastic it said that the save was corrupt. I also tried saving over a current save got the same thing. I'm guessing I need to copy more than just the save to eliminate the corrupt message, anyone know if that is true? So far, I like Amaze but am still having trouble figuring out how to move files. How can I copy the whole drastic folder over to my new phone? Amaze has a copy function but I can't just copy contents to a new phone. Can I? Is there some kind of send function? Can I send a folder directly to my new phone or do I need to use my computer? If I can't just directly send it to my phone, how would I go about seeing the same files Amaze lets me see from my desktop computer?

Kiffen

Post by Kiffen » Sun Dec 18, 2016 9:08 pm

Ah I figured it out. I just learned that you can change USB function from Charge to File Transfer from the drop down notification tool bar, allowing you to see the folder contents of your phone. I wish I would have known that existed for all the years I've had an adroind phone. I copied the whole Drastic folder to my new phone and replaced all the old files and BAM it's running with the original save state. Thanks for the help!