Google drive uploading not working

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Njnja4u1
Google drive uploading not working

Post by Njnja4u1 » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:10 pm

After losing all my data on my SD card which included my Drastic saves :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: , I found that you can save it to google drive which would be great just in case if my sd card gets wiped again. :( I went to try it, but it doesn't work ( I am pressing the right buttons in manage saves state blah blah blah) but as soon as I go on it it just says "Google play services has stopped working" and refuses to upload. My Google play works on all other apps. Yes I have the latest version. My phone is moto g2. Thanks for your help!

Njnja4u1

Re: Google drive uploading not working

Post by Njnja4u1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:05 pm

http://www.drastic-ds.com/viewtopic.php ... ive#p17990 see these people are having the same problem. Drastic people don't be too lazy to even answer I need this!!!!!!

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:49 pm

Sorry, I don't know yet what this problem is, except that it likely has to do with some issue with Google Play Services on your phone and not something in DraStic itself.

From searches I found some ideas here, could you please see if any of this is helpful? Particularly erasing the cache for the app, or if available, updating.

https://www.quora.com/How-can-I-resolve ... generation

Njnja4u1

Post by Njnja4u1 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:59 pm

My Drastic is latest version. Clearing cache does not work, and like I said Google play is working on all other apps... Any other solutions? I tried rebooting and stuff too.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Dec 12, 2016 1:01 am

Do you have other apps that use Drive specifically? It's possible that this is due to an API version compatibility issue, or something like that.

Njnja4u1

Post by Njnja4u1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:35 am

Only thing I can think of that I have that uses drive is my file manager. Should I uninstall it?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:20 pm

Njnja4u1 wrote:Only thing I can think of that I have that uses drive is my file manager. Should I uninstall it?
I don't think that will help, but if it isn't a problem it's something you can try.

When I say update, I mean Google Play Services rather than DraStic. First, what version do you have installed? It's listed app info in settings->apps (if you click on Google Play Services, it's at the top). If it's not 10.x you can try updating here:

https://www.androidpit.com/install-goog ... rvices-apk

Conversely, you can also try downgrading from the app info menu, if there's an "uninstall updates" option.

Njnja4u1

Post by Njnja4u1 » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:57 pm

This also did not work... I contacted my friend who also has Drastic to go try the Google drive uploading. He has the same default settings, his phone is OnePlus 2. Google drive uploading also did not work on Drastic with the same Google play has stopped problem. His Drastic works on all other apps as well. At this point I really think this is a drastic app problem, it does not work for both of us and I have all the DEFAULT settings. (No root, all newest updates, etc.)
Also thank you for taking the time to answer, it shows that you are active in listening to people who bought the app and are actively fixing bugs ;)

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:18 pm

I assumed this is the case, but I just want to make sure: do you have the DraStic directory created in your drive? If it's not there can you see what happens if you make it manually through the web (or some other) interface?

Njnja4u1

Post by Njnja4u1 » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:48 pm

How to check