Question about cheats [FFTA2]

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
HugMeTender
Question about cheats [FFTA2]

Post by HugMeTender » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:42 pm

When playing Final Fantasy Tactics Grimoire of the Rift, I seem to run into issues with the cheat engine (Or whatever it's called ^_^) When I use a cheat like x2 exp, the cheat works just as advertised. But when I go to turn the cheat off, the effect remains on the game. Is this an issue with the cheat engine itself, or does it permanently change the exp values in the game?

If it does change the values, does anyone have any tips on how to edit one of the cheats (Like the x16 exp cheat, seriously who needs that haha) into a x1 multiplier to counteract the initial change?

Thanks in advance for your help

To whom it may concern :D
Image Hell yeah, Dragonite XD

Systems Owned
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 running SlimBean 4.3 Build 1
LG DoublePlay with root access running stock
PSP Slim running 5.00 M33-6
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

Jay Haru

Re: Question about cheats [FFTA2]

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:46 pm

HugMeTender wrote:When playing Final Fantasy Tactics Grimoire of the Rift, I seem to run into issues with the cheat engine (Or whatever it's called ^_^) When I use a cheat like x2 exp, the cheat works just as advertised. But when I go to turn the cheat off, the effect remains on the game. Is this an issue with the cheat engine itself, or does it permanently change the exp values in the game?

If it does change the values, does anyone have any tips on how to edit one of the cheats (Like the x16 exp cheat, seriously who needs that haha) into a x1 multiplier to counteract the initial change?

Well, you can always look for what the original value of the code is. After you verify, you can use the add cheat software to add it on the cheatsheet. That would mean you have experience or at least understand variables in general.
Behold my mighty

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:58 pm

Jay Haru wrote:
HugMeTender wrote:When playing Final Fantasy Tactics Grimoire of the Rift, I seem to run into issues with the cheat engine (Or whatever it's called ^_^) When I use a cheat like x2 exp, the cheat works just as advertised. But when I go to turn the cheat off, the effect remains on the game. Is this an issue with the cheat engine itself, or does it permanently change the exp values in the game?

Well, you can always look for what the original value of the code is. After you verify, you can use the add cheat software to add it on the cheatsheet. That would mean you have experience or at least understand variables in general.
I unfortunately don't have the most solid understanding of how the values work. For most of my life I've been fairly casual with it comes to understanding technology. Only in the past year or so have I started to crave for knowledge. Much to my disdain, I discovered that there is a LOT to learn haha.

All that to say, I would have no idea where to start with editing the variables haha. I guess the most important thing for me to know is if it is simply an issue with the values or the DraStic cheat engine itself.

Systems Owned
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:03 pm

I could help you with the problem really. But my laptop is dead so I can't run the software nor can I check the code. Sorry
Behold my mighty

HugMeTender

Post by HugMeTender » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:06 pm

Jay Haru wrote:I could help you with the problem really. But my laptop is dead so I can't run the software nor can I check the code. Sorry
Don't worry too much about it. I could, after all, play without cheats *dun dun dun*

I should probably stop being so lazy trying to recover my lost savestates and just grind the exp :lol:

Systems Owned
ASUS G73SW-A1 Laptop