A emulator that can run DSS files that DraStic upload?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Arton
A emulator that can run DSS files that DraStic upload?

Post by Arton » Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi so I'm trying to export the gamefile, so I can play it on my desktop PC but the file that is uploaded to google drive is a .dss file and it seems like none of the pc emulators i've tried can run this type of file, what can i do?

TkSilver

Re: A emulator that can run DSS files that DraStic upload?

Post by TkSilver » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:58 pm

The .dss files are savestates and 999 times out of 1000 savestates can not be used in a different emulator.

The .dsv files in the backup folder in the drastic folder on your device is an in game save and I think if it is just simply renamed to .sav DeSmuME can read it fine with out any issues.... note have not personally tried this feature.

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Tue Nov 15, 2016 8:00 pm

You shouldn't need to rename it .sav, the .dsv as-is should work. But if it doesn't it's possible that renaming it will help.

Arton

Post by Arton » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:31 am

TkSilver wrote:The .dss files are savestates and 999 times out of 1000 savestates can not be used in a different emulator.

The .dsv files in the backup folder in the drastic folder on your device is an in game save and I think if it is just simply renamed to .sav DeSmuME can read it fine with out any issues.... note have not personally tried this feature.
Great got it working, so if i want to export it back to my phone what do i do?

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:34 pm

You can copy the .dsv files back fro your computer to the drastic/backup folder on your phone. Using dropbox or google drive or just a physical connection if you wish. Just make sure the save file is still named the same as your rom and has the .dsv extension.