soft controllers not remembering their layout

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
keem85
soft controllers not remembering their layout

Post by keem85 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 6:18 pm

Hi. Got a question about the layout. I got a new s4 today and the DPI seems to be messing with the controllers shown in portrait mode. When I edit them I can't save them. They revert to small buttons after saving them.. I click on "default" and they show just fine,but as soon as I quit edit mode and going back to the game, they are reverted again. Any advice?

Kim

Jay Haru

Re: soft controllers not remembering their layout

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:39 pm

keem85 wrote:Hi. Got a question about the layout. I got a new s4 today and the DPI seems to be messing with the controllers shown in portrait mode. When I edit them I can't save them. They revert to small buttons after saving them.. I click on "default" and they show just fine,but as soon as I quit edit mode and going back to the game, they are reverted again. Any advice?

Kim
Soft keys are not yet editable iirc.
Behold my mighty

keem85

Post by keem85 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:20 am

You're not reading, or I'm bad at explaining. Soft buttons are shrinked way too small and tossed around in the screen. D-pad shows at the center and the buttons at tup right.. totally messed up.. When I FIX this, it won't remember it. It renders my games totally unplayable in portrait mode

Lordus

Post by Lordus » Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:56 am

Are you pressing Menu->Save after editing the controller / setting it to default?
You can also try to delete the LC_2.. file(s) in /sdcard/DraStic/config.

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:18 am

Lordus wrote:Are you pressing Menu->Save after editing the controller / setting it to default?
You can also try to delete the LC_2.. file(s) in /sdcard/DraStic/config.
Ah ok, now I get it. Its a bit... er... tricky to do. After you click apply, you go and set it either as global or specific setting.
Behold my mighty

awk

Post by awk » Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:20 am

Maybe it'd be better if back button on the edit screen created a prompt "save/override default/cancel"? That'd be more intuitive. I must say it took me a little while to understand it too.

keem85

Post by keem85 » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:13 am

I haven't tried you advice yet. I will try it today. I think it might be because I copyed the DraStic settings from my old S3 to my new S4