Performance hit when going into the main menu

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
shadowmanwkp
Performance hit when going into the main menu

Post by shadowmanwkp » Sun Oct 02, 2016 9:54 am

I've been using drastic for a while, but I've been noticing a strange bug ever since I've been running the emulator on my phone. A search on the forum hasn't brought anything up...

The problem: if I go into the main menu (quick menu -> menu) and resume the game afterwards, I notice a very heavy drop in performance, especially in areas that utilize 3D. I've noticed it the most in yu-gi-oh 2011 over the nexus and pokémon white with a decrease of up to 50% speed. If I quit drastic and load the game up again however, I do get full performance. Put differently, If I go into the menu and then resume the game, games start to lag to hell and back.

More info:
Phone: Huawei ascend P6-UO6
Android version: 4.2.2/4.4.2
Drastic version: r2.5.0.3a build 89 also noticed it on earlier versions

What I've tried:
- I've removed drastic and re-installed it a few times.
- I upgraded my android version.
- Reset the phone to manufacturer's defaults.
- No cheats or save states are being used.
- Experimental options like multi-threading 16-bit rendering do not seem to have an impact on this problem.

It really makes me wonder if it's my phone acting up, or if there's something else going on. Any help would be appreciated.

TkSilver

Re: Performance hit when going into the main menu

Post by TkSilver » Sun Oct 02, 2016 6:45 pm

Is this only happening on the latest version of drastic or did previous versions also do this? How far back has this happened/ also how far back have you been using drastic if every version did this?

Are you using any filter?

I have a probable theory but these 2 answers should narrow down which is more likely.

im more inclined to think its the processor or its driver as this is a custom one made by huawei.