[save state porting]

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Antonx
[save state porting]

Post by Antonx » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:03 am

hello, i used on my phone another emulator of nds. Now i have downloaded drastic, how i can use the savestate of the old emulator with drastic?
thank you!

ericbazinga

Re: [save state porting]

Post by ericbazinga » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:53 am

Antonx wrote:hello, i used on my phone another emulator of nds. Now i have downloaded drastic, how i can use the savestate of the old emulator with drastic?
thank you!
Depends on what the previous emulator was.

You can also find me on Reddit (u/Ericbazinga) and Discord (in the DraStic Discord server). You'll find me in those places almost daily and here almost never.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:34 am

ericbazinga wrote:
Antonx wrote:hello, i used on my phone another emulator of nds. Now i have downloaded drastic, how i can use the savestate of the old emulator with drastic?
thank you!
Depends on what the previous emulator was.
I assume they mean nds4droid. I don't think the savestates would be compatible. The in-game .sav files will be though (if renamed to .dsv), nds4droid is based off desmume and Drastic can read desmume formatted savefiles so I assume that at least

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:35 pm

There's no way you'll be able to transfer savestates, no matter what the emulator used. You can transfer save game files (.dsv), you have to make an in-game save for this to work.