Custom Directory Paths for Drastic

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
2EZ
Custom Directory Paths for Drastic

Post by 2EZ » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:32 am

I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find an answer to my question (probably because I suck at searching).

I just purchased Drastic for my Android yesterday, and while I'm very impressed with it's function, I find it is lacking in options that go further than simple emulation options. But, the option I can't live without is the option to choose my own directories to load ROMs and DSVs (not save states, I rarely if ever use them). The reason I need this option is because I switch back and forth between emulating on my phone and computer, so I like to have the roms and save files sync using Dropbox. I cannot, for a few reasons, use Google Drive.

Is there any way to change the location paths of the ROMS and save files so that Dropbox can keep automatically updating the save file, allowing me to seamlessly switch between emulating the same gamesave on my pc and mobile? Or any other way to ensure that Drastic will automatically load and overwrite the savegame so I can keep switching in between devices?

I found a post from one of Drastic's devs talking about working on being able to customise directory paths, but that was from 2013. The ability to transfer my saves between devices is the deciding factor on whether or not I'll even use this app.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jay Haru

Re: Custom Directory Paths for Drastic

Post by Jay Haru » Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:15 am

2EZ wrote:I tried searching the forums, but couldn't find an answer to my question (probably because I suck at searching).

I just purchased Drastic for my Android yesterday, and while I'm very impressed with it's function, I find it is lacking in options that go further than simple emulation options. But, the option I can't live without is the option to choose my own directories to load ROMs and DSVs (not save states, I rarely if ever use them). The reason I need this option is because I switch back and forth between emulating on my phone and computer, so I like to have the roms and save files sync using Dropbox. I cannot, for a few reasons, use Google Drive.

Is there any way to change the location paths of the ROMS and save files so that Dropbox can keep automatically updating the save file, allowing me to seamlessly switch between emulating the same gamesave on my pc and mobile? Or any other way to ensure that Drastic will automatically load and overwrite the savegame so I can keep switching in between devices?

I found a post from one of Drastic's devs talking about working on being able to customise directory paths, but that was from 2013. The ability to transfer my saves between devices is the deciding factor on whether or not I'll even use this app.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
for the rom directory, you just need to put the roms on the folder you want. open drastic, look for the folder, open a game and close drastic (quit using the in app option) and viola, your own rom directory.

as for the saves, yeah, dun remember that having a custom one so lets wait for the devs.
Behold my mighty

MofoMan2000

Re: Custom Directory Paths for Drastic

Post by MofoMan2000 » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:44 pm

I registered here to ask this exact question. I'm using a similar system with Google Drive to synchronize saves with not only a PC (as far as I can tell, saves are 100% compatible with DeSmuME) but also several Androids. Being able to point the emulator to a different save path would be very convenient, it's the only thing preventing this from being completely automated. This is easily the best DS emulator out there for Android, it makes no sense that it would lack such a basic option. I'd prefer not to have to root my phone and symlink the backup folder into the synchronized folder.