Okamiden Waterspout Issue

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
FalloutSeeker
Okamiden Waterspout Issue

Post by FalloutSeeker » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:17 am

Hello! I noticed an issue in Okamiden that's prevented me from progressive. I'm at the part where you just learn Waterspout. The tutorial was fine, but after that it seems as if the touch doesn't want to register that water is there and it simply gives me a black ink line instead of actually giving water. Has anyone found a fix?

Exophase

Re: Okamiden Waterspout Issue

Post by Exophase » Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Does disabling frame skip have any effect?

FalloutSeeker

Post by FalloutSeeker » Sun Aug 21, 2016 2:18 am

Exophase wrote:Does disabling frame skip have any effect?
No. Disabling multicore rendering fixes it oddly but I run at 15fps with it off compared to like 50-60 with it on. Any workaround?

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Sun Aug 21, 2016 3:58 am

FalloutSeeker wrote:No. Disabling multicore rendering fixes it oddly but I run at 15fps with it off compared to like 50-60 with it on. Any workaround?
Threaded rendering does cause problems sometimes, usually because the screens get flipped.

What device are you using? There's a difference in performance but not normally so extreme.

FalloutSeeker

Post by FalloutSeeker » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:52 am

Exophase wrote:
FalloutSeeker wrote:No. Disabling multicore rendering fixes it oddly but I run at 15fps with it off compared to like 50-60 with it on. Any workaround?
Threaded rendering does cause problems sometimes, usually because the screens get flipped.

What device are you using? There's a difference in performance but not normally so extreme.
Moto G 2014. When turning off threaded rendering I take a big dip in performance. It becomes very annoying to play (Very choppy) compared to smooth gameplay with threaded rendering on. I kept frameskip on auto to see if it would fix but no luck. Frameskip on manual with threaded rendering off either lags the game (due to skipping frames) and if set to zero the game runs in slow motion. Frameskip on auto and threaded rendering on is the only way to run smoothly without error. Is there any way to move the save over to a computer to run on an emulator on the PC if worst comes to worst?