About "Store in-game Saves in Savestates" feature

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
thesir
About "Store in-game Saves in Savestates" feature

Post by thesir » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:13 am

Hello everyone,

I am confused about the "Store in-game Saves in Savestates" option under "Advanced Settings". What does it do exactly?

I was under the impression it creates some sort of sync between in-game saves and savestates. But I couldn't corroborate this with my own saves.

So, is this feature going to help with the classic in-game vs savestate issue? Also, am I better off with in-game saves or would this feature make savestates somewhat safer?

Thank you,

TkSilver

Re: About "Store in-game Saves in Savestates" feature

Post by TkSilver » Fri Aug 19, 2016 11:50 pm

Simple answer it is to try and keep savestates and save games synced (some games like pokemon will corupt if your save types are not in sync)

and as for the savestate vs save game. My advice is to use savestates to make temp saves when you are not in a position to make an in game save, but to always make an in game save when you are able since those don't carry over cheat code issues and corruption like savestates can. DraStic savestates seem to be more stable then some emulators I have used, but over 20 years of playing with various emulators have taught me to always use both.... just in case.

thesir

Post by thesir » Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:56 am

TkSilver wrote:Simple answer it is to try and keep savestates and save games synced (some games like pokemon will corupt if your save types are not in sync)
I see. But what is the not simple answer then? I'm interested in knowing how the emulator keep savestates and save games synced.

Btw, your advice seems very wise. Thanks for the answer. =)

JeaneMaggie

Post by JeaneMaggie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 12:50 pm

thesir wrote:I'm interested in knowing how the emulator keep savestates and save games synced.
Just save the game then save your save state. Doing this in the opposite order could break your saved game.