Deleting Games

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Boss7264
Deleting Games

Post by Boss7264 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:29 pm

I have a rom downloaded that I no longer want to keep. I jave the Android version, does anybody know how to delete roms?

TkSilver

Re: Deleting Games

Post by TkSilver » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:58 pm

If you want to free up the most amount of space you will need to use a file manager or a computer and delete the rom from wherever you stored it on your device and then find the DraStic folder in your internal memory and delete the .dss files named after the rom and the .dsv fike named the same as the rom.

There is no direct option to do this in DraStic. The rom could be very hard since various versions of Android do not allow programs to modify certain parts of storage, but there should be an option to delete savestates/ingame saves using a memory manager type function. It would be a nice add.

kaikun97

Post by kaikun97 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 5:02 am

TkSilver wrote:If you want to free up the most amount of space you will need to use a file manager or a computer and delete the rom from wherever you stored it on your device and then find the DraStic folder in your internal memory and delete the .dss files named after the rom and the .dsv fike named the same as the rom.

There is no direct option to do this in DraStic. The rom could be very hard since various versions of Android do not allow programs to modify certain parts of storage, but there should be an option to delete savestates/ingame saves using a memory manager type function. It would be a nice add.
Drastic Used to support deleting roms if you tap and held on a rom, but ever since the update with the new UI, that feature appears to have been removed

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:41 am

kaikun97 wrote:
Drastic Used to support deleting roms if you tap and held on a rom, but ever since the update with the new UI, that feature appears to have been removed
I think it is due to the changes they made to support some of the newer filesystem rules for android devices running the newer versions.