Drastic opening .rar? Where is it saving?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
COBOLT
Drastic opening .rar? Where is it saving?

Post by COBOLT » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:09 pm

Bit new to DraStic, only been using it for a week heheh...
So I've double checked the file several times now, and it seems as though I have mixed up a bit. Apparently, I've been loading a .rar file to open Pokemon HeartGold in DraStic rather than the .nds file (forgot to move it out of the folder and put the .rar file somewhere else like I did with Platinum and B/W..). Additionally, loading the .nds file to open the game yields a different set of saves and I can't access the ones that I had when using the .rar file to play the game.

With that, a couple things:
Where is DraStic saving the .sav (I think this is the one accessed directly via the game's user interface) when I am using a .rar instance?
And...
Is there a way to access my old savestates (.dss files) when using the .nds instance of the game?

Thx!

Exophase

Re: Drastic opening .rar? Where is it saving?

Post by Exophase » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:11 pm

The save and savestate files are named based on the ROM file. So if you uncompressed the .nds and it has a different name (aside from the extension) it'll result in different saves.

The save files are in <sdcard>/DraStic/backup and have the extension .dsv. This will be the case regardless of whether or not the game file is compressed.

You can access the old savestates by renaming them (they're in <sdcard>/DraStic/savestates), or renaming the uncompressed .nds to match the .rar file name.