Sound Cracking or Popping ?

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
ShinyRogue
Sound Cracking or Popping ?

Post by ShinyRogue » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:23 am

Hi I have LG G4 Beat. I don't know my hardware is completely enough for this emulator ? I bought it 2 weeks ago from Google Play. And I am only interested with Pokemon games. But I have some problems with sound . Sometimes I hear sounds like cracking or popping, I don't know how to describe it exactly. It's especially happening when changing environment or encounter with wild Pokemon. Some of my friends have much worse phones but they don't have same problems. Please help to me .
Last edited by ShinyRogue on Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Exophase

Re: Sound Cracking or Popping ?

Post by Exophase » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:04 pm

If it happens when changing environments storage speed is probably a factor. Are you running off of an SD card, and if so can you try moving the ROM to internal storage?

See this thread too:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3530&p=17333#p17333

ShinyRogue

Post by ShinyRogue » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:54 am

Exophase wrote:If it happens when changing environments storage speed is probably a factor. Are you running off of an SD card, and if so can you try moving the ROM to internal storage?

See this thread too:

I already checked that thread it seems same with my problem .

My device has only 8 GB Internal Storage so I used adoptable storage function of Android 6.0 . Firstly I used Sandisk Ultra series but it seems that card wasn't fast enough . I ordered a Samsung EVO Plus card . Hope that will fix my problem .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2RfeDqpOTQo

Jay Haru

Post by Jay Haru » Mon Aug 15, 2016 6:52 am

ShinyRogue wrote:
Exophase wrote:If it happens when changing environments storage speed is probably a factor. Are you running off of an SD card, and if so can you try moving the ROM to internal storage?

See this thread too:

My device has only 8 GB Internal Storage so I used adoptable storage function of Android 6.0 . Firstly I used Sandisk Ultra series but it seems that card wasn't fast enough . I ordered a Samsung EVO Plus card . Hope that will fix my problem .

a c10(u1) card not fast enuf? i really doubt it....
Behold my mighty

ShinyRogue

Post by ShinyRogue » Mon Aug 15, 2016 7:12 am

Jay Haru wrote:
ShinyRogue wrote:

See this thread too:

a c10(u1) card not fast enuf? i really doubt it....
Sandisk Ultra is only Class 10 . Samsung EVO Plus didn't arrive yet . Probably it will solve this . Because it's U1 .

ShinyRogue

Post by ShinyRogue » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:28 am

After I installed everything to my new card , this problem still persists but I can't do anything about it . Because if I don't merge my Internal Storage with my adoptable card I already don't have space for uncompress roms (because you know roms are really big especially Pokemon roms) but after I migrate data and got some free space , I am moving back Drastic to the internal memory again , but this time Drastic uncompressing roms to the SD Card only . I am not sure about this ; a limitation , a bug or maybe a missing feature ? If it's a bug or a missing feature developer could fix this issue , otherwise no luck for me :( But it's really big problem for especially 8 GB devices .

ShinyRogue

Post by ShinyRogue » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:59 pm

See this thread too:

Please don't ignore this problem . I tried demo version and it seems it's still extracting unzipped roms to internal memory something changed with new version as accidentally or as consciously but I watched nearly all videos on YouTube . And nearly all players have same problem . Please do something for customers . I even bought UHS-1 card for a single game but still same problem there .

Exophase

Post by Exophase » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:21 pm

If you manually uncompress the ROM you can put it on internal storage. Can you try this to see if it's still there/as bad?

And does changing the audio latency setting do anything?

TkSilver

Post by TkSilver » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:32 pm

So the only pokemon game I own (and thus the only one I have made a rom out of and played on drastic) is Pokemon White (the original version not 2). I do not have audio crackling while playing it, but I run a different device so lets do aome testing to find out if we can make it better for you.

1. Under video settings what do you have set for
High resolution 3d (on or off)
What filter are you running (if any)
Multi-threaded 3d rendering (on or off)
Any frame skipping (if so what number)

2. Under audio settings what domyou have set for
Audio latency (what setting)

We will leave the other settings until we have looked at these.

3. Are your roms zipped or ar are they the .nds versions?
Do you have the space to use the uncompressed versions if you are using zipped roms?

4. Does this happen with every game on only 1?
If you downloaded the rom (please do not say where if you did or even that you did ) have you tested other versions of the same rom to make sure that is not the issue? If you ripped the rom yourself have you tried reripping it to make sure there was not an issue the first time? (These issues are more likely if only 1 rom is having issues but usually performance issues are not the fault of bad rips, but better safe then sorry)

I would ask for device specs but I looked them up on gsmarena and through LG just to cross check.

Hopefully with these answered I might be able to help with some tests to get you the experience you wish to have, or at least as close as you are able to get.

ShinyRogue

Post by ShinyRogue » Thu Aug 18, 2016 11:45 pm

Exophase wrote:If you manually uncompress the ROM you can put it on internal storage. Can you try this to see if it's still there/as bad?

And does changing the audio latency setting do anything?
How I can manually uncompress them ? If you mean uncompressing them outside Drastic DS it won't work . Because adoptable storage won't working like that . After merge your internal storage with SD card , you can't write uncompressed roms to internal memory . Because only applications have writing access to there . It's very complicated feature . But demo version seems still writing to there .

If there is another way for uncompress them in emulator I didn't see that .

And they were uncompressed in my SD card already . I zipped them for testing . But when I am playing them as uncompressed unzip feature was off in settings . While uncompressed is it still making a copy in internal memory if I set it on . I really don't get it .
TkSilver wrote:So the only pokemon game I own (and thus the only one I have made a rom out of and played on drastic) is Pokemon White (the original version not 2). I do not have audio crackling while playing it, but I run a different device so lets do aome testing to find out if we can make it better for you.

1. Under video settings what do you have set for
High resolution 3d (on or off)
What filter are you running (if any)
Multi-threaded 3d rendering (on or off)
Any frame skipping (if so what number)

2. Under audio settings what domyou have set for
Audio latency (what setting)

We will leave the other settings until we have looked at these.

3. Are your roms zipped or ar are they the .nds versions?
Do you have the space to use the uncompressed versions if you are using zipped roms?

4. Does this happen with every game on only 1?
If you downloaded the rom (please do not say where if you did or even that you did ) have you tested other versions of the same rom to make sure that is not the issue? If you ripped the rom yourself have you tried reripping it to make sure there was not an issue the first time? (These issues are more likely if only 1 rom is having issues but usually performance issues are not the fault of bad rips, but better safe then sorry)

I would ask for device specs but I looked them up on gsmarena and through LG just to cross check.

Hopefully with these answered I might be able to help with some tests to get you the experience you wish to have, or at least as close as you are able to get.
Firstly I am using everything at default settings I did clean install 2 times . And tried with other settings but nothing changed . Because at the same time I am checking FPS in screen .

It seems clearly an issue about FPS .

About roms I put them there firstly as uncompressed but later realized emulator already uncompressing them before play , I put them as zipped because if we extract that temporary unzipped file that will easiest fix probably for that problem . But no luck because program still extracting them to the SD card .

As I have all Pokemon games I didn't try Black 1 (It's around 256 MB) but I tried HeartGold and SoulSilver for a while those roms are 128 MB , before I got UHS-1 card those roms have same problem but after got it those games seems fixed , I mean smaller games . But Black White 2 is biggest pokemon game and it's 512 MB really huge rom . If I don't use adoptable storage feature of 6.0's already no way to unzip it .

Lastly I am using %100 clean No-Intro roms . And countless times I checked them with clrmamepro .

http://www.gsmarena.com/lg_g4_beat-7363.php This is my phone .

If you can't access the link I posted them to here :

Network Technology
GSM / HSPA / LTE
Launch Announced 2015, July
Status Available. Released 2015, August
Body Dimensions 142.7 x 72.6 x 9.9 mm (5.62 x 2.86 x 0.39 in)
Weight 139 g (4.90 oz)
SIM Single SIM (Micro-SIM) or Dual SIM (Micro-SIM, dual stand-by)
Display Type IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
Size 5.2 inches (~72.3% screen-to-body ratio)
Resolution 1080 x 1920 pixels (~423 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes
Platform OS Android OS, v5.1.1 (Lollipop)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM8939 Snapdragon 615
CPU Octa-core (4x1.5 GHz Cortex-A53 & 4x1.0 GHz Cortex-A53)
GPU Adreno 405
Memory Card slot microSD, up to 32 GB (dedicated slot) - market dependent
Internal 8 GB, 1.5 GB RAM
Camera Primary 8 MP, laser autofocus, LED flash
13 MP, autofocus, LED flash (Latin America)
Features Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama
Video 1080p@30fps
Secondary 5 MP
Sound Alert types Vibration; MP3, WAV ringtones
Loudspeaker Yes
3.5mm jack Yes
Comms WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, hotspot
Bluetooth v4.1, A2DP
GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS
NFC Yes
Radio To be confirmed
USB microUSB v2.0
Features Sensors Accelerometer, proximity, compass, color spectrum
Messaging SMS(threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Mail, IM
Browser HTML5
Java No
- MP4/H.264 player
- MP3/WAV/FLAC/eAAC+ player
- Photo/video editor
- Document editor
Battery Removable Li-Ion 2300 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 380 h (2G) / Up to 380 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 15 h (2G) / Up to 14 h (3G)
Misc Colors Metallic Gray, Ceramic White, Shiny Gold
Price group 4/10

Probably I answered all of them . I really liked this emulator . Already advised to my all friends and I am trying to make things better for everyone with phones have smaller internal memory . I got this device years later from my first android device . I used BlackBerry for a while , now I realized thing are really bizarre for 8 GB devices . It's a big mistake for both manufacturers and customers .