Pokemon White 2 - quick fps drop on battles

Ask questions about DraStic or discuss compatibility issues here.
Hooooed
Pokemon White 2 - quick fps drop on battles

Post by Hooooed » Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:30 am

Hi :)

I recently bought the emulator, since a few days I've been trying to fix a bug in pokemon white 2

Its a minimal problem, but it bothers me a lot, it turns out that in the battles, while the fps is 100%
it drops to 97 % quickly, and back to 100 % This happens when I select the attacks in the battles, it makes the game sttuter (or microfreeze, something like that) making also the battle theme be muted (or the music of the battle) during that framerate drop

I thought that by placing a limit on the framerate, as just 97 % or even 101% could fix this error, but not found any editable file in this emulator to do make something like that.

I already tried several different roms, videos on youtube have other people using drastic with the same problem ... and also tested in desmume for pc, it does not happen this bug there.
Everything in options, audio delay or any video settings.

Can someone give me any way to fix that?

Thanks! :)
Last edited by Hooooed on Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Exophase

Re: Pokemon White 2 - quick fps drop on battles

Post by Exophase » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:20 pm

What device are you using?

This sort of quick performance drop may be from one (or both) of the following two things:

1) The game is loading new/modifying old code. This causes a lot of sudden work to be done in the emulator. It might get faster with later releases, but I can't promise anything. A faster device always helps.

2) The game is suddenly reading a lot of data off the cartridge. If you're using a slow storage device (like a cheap SD card) this could be especially slow. Moving to internal storage might help.

You can try increasing the audio latency setting, it might better mask the audio skips. But it comes at a cost of higher input delay.

ShinyRogue

Post by ShinyRogue » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:26 am

Hooooed wrote:Hi :)

I recently bought the emulator, since a few days I've been trying to fix a bug in pokemon white 2

Its a minimal problem, but it bothers me a lot, it turns out that in the battles, while the fps is 100%
it drops to 97 % quickly, and back to 100 % This happens when I select the attacks in the battles, it makes the game sttuter (or microfreeze, something like that) making also the battle theme be muted (or the music of the battle) during that framerate drop

I thought that by placing a limit on the framerate, as just 97 % or even 101% could fix this error, but not found any editable file in this emulator to do make something like that.

I already tried several different roms, videos on youtube have other people using drastic with the same problem ... and also tested in desmume for pc, it does not happen this bug there.
Everything in options, audio delay or any video settings.

Can someone give me any way to fix that?

Thanks! :)
Thanks you :)
It seems I have same problem with LG G4 Beat :/

Hooooed

Post by Hooooed » Thu Sep 08, 2016 12:11 am

hello , sorry but I forgot I had created this topic, I was very high that day

I tried everything thing you said, and more,
By searching videos, it seems everybody have this problem since v2**
Looks like the problem is something about frame limit

Im 100% sure that i can fix it by locking somehow the framerate in 98/99%
Any ideas how i can do it?
Exophase wrote:What device are you using?

This sort of quick performance drop may be from one (or both) of the following two things:

1) The game is loading new/modifying old code. This causes a lot of sudden work to be done in the emulator. It might get faster with later releases, but I can't promise anything. A faster device always helps.

2) The game is suddenly reading a lot of data off the cartridge. If you're using a slow storage device (like a cheap SD card) this could be especially slow. Moving to internal storage might help.

You can try increasing the audio latency setting, it might better mask the audio skips. But it comes at a cost of higher input delay.